Web Video: Shitcase Cinema
Shitcase Cinema is a comical look on most of the well-known and obscure movies reviewed by two British guys named John and Bruce, who is supposedly a professor, yet John constantly beats on him. Also, he also loves mustaches.
Tropes for the show:
- Aborted Arc: The first two seasons featured a semblance of a storyline (Back to the Future style).
- The Alcoholic: John. It's Played for Laughs.
- Angrish: On rare occasions, whenever a film has been unusually annoying and offensive.
- Badass Mustache: John's reasoning for every guy that has a mustache is either a Badass or a bad guy.
- Bald of Awesome / Cool Shades: The main man cuts his hair very short and almost constantly wears sunglasses.
- Butt Monkey: Professor Bruce.
- Catchphrase: "This is mental" or any variation of the word "mental."
- Most characters will be referred to as "Goons".
- Caustic Critic: Averted. The reviews are mostly Played for Laughs.
- A Day in the Limelight: Professor Bruce got his when he reviewed The Star Wars Holiday Special in the fourth season.
- Deadpan Snarker: John.
- The Eighties: John sure loves watching those 80's flicks.
- Fanboy: John is this for Richard Harrison and Zardoz.
- He's also got a soft spot for another John (Carpenter).
- Four Point Scale: Averted. John obviously doesn't take most of his ratings seriously, leading to scores of 0.1/10 or lower.
- He will be more methodical about movies he really enjoys, though.
- He-Man Woman Hater: John, although it's Played for Laughs.
- Jerkass/Jerk with a Heart of Gold: John, towards Bruce.
- Mad Scientist: Complete with a fuzzy green afro and a funny accent.
- It Makes Sense in Context: When next to Zardoz!
- Mean Brit: John, again.
- Out of Focus: Professor Bruce's appearances have been less frequent since the third season. On the other hand, many more of John's friends have shared the limelight.
- The Professor: Bruce... supposedly.
- Take That: A few to Nicolas Cage and The Asylum.