You have strucked Hercules!
A comedy from 1969, most notable as the film debut of Arnold Schwarzenegger
Arnold Strong), who was still transitioning
from bodybuilding to acting.
Zeus sends his son Hercules on Earth, where Hilarity Ensues
as he comes across various situations which he solves with his Super Strength
This film has examples of:
- Bears Are Bad News: At one point Hercules's date comes to a halt when he has to fight a bear that has escaped from a zoo.
- Big Applesauce
- Bullying a Dragon: Hercules pisses some guy off, who punches him in the stomach, to no effect whatsoever. Somehow this doesn't deter the guy, who mocks Hercules (thinking he's faking it) and asks him to step outside. Hercules responds by chucking the guy across the room.
- Fish out of Water
- Odd Couple: The proud, muscular and belligerent Hercules with the weedy, nasal-voiced street vendor Pretzie.
- Pec Flex: Herc gratuitously flexes his pectoral muscles before throwing a javelin.
- Sadly Mythtaken: The film liberally mixes up Greek, Roman and even Christian mythology.
- Same Language Dub: Arnold's voice was originally dubbed due to his thick accent, but the DVD releases of the film keep his voice.
- Super Strength: Hercules' schtick.
- Third-Person Person: Hercules often talks this way.