You have strucked Hercules!A comedy from 1969 (also known as Hercules Goes Bananas), most notable as the film debut of Arnold Schwarzenegger (credited as Arnold Strong), who was still transitioning from bodybuilding to acting.After Hercules complains to his father Zeus about not being allowed to adventure in the lands of men, Zeus sends Hercules on Earth, where Hilarity Ensues as he comes across various situations which he solves with his Super Strength.
This film has examples of:
- Bears are Bad News: At one point Hercules's date comes to a halt when he has to fight a bear that has escaped from a zoo.
- Big Applesauce
- Bullying a Dragon: Hercules pisses some guy off, who punches him in the stomach, to no effect whatsoever. Somehow this doesn't deter the guy, who mocks Hercules (thinking he's faking it) and asks him to step outside. Hercules responds by chucking the guy across the room.
- Dumb Muscle: Hercules is not the brightest of the bunch.
- Fish out of Water: Hercules has no idea how life outside of Olympus functions, and gets himself into trouble repeatedly through his cluelessness.
- Mr. Fanservice: You don't cast a bodybuilder without having him take off his shirt at least once!
- Odd Couple: The proud, muscular and belligerent Hercules with the weedy, nasal-voiced street vendor Pretzie.
- Pec Flex: Herc gratuitously flexes his pectoral muscles before throwing a javelin.
- Recurring Riff: A Greek-sounding riff plays a lot.
- Sadly Mythtaken: The film liberally mixes up Greek and Roman lore with Christianity, for instance Hercules' allies sending both Atlas and Sampson to aid him in the climax.
- Same Language Dub: Arnold's voice was originally dubbed due to his thick accent, but the DVD releases of the film give the viewer an option to watch the movie either with the dub or with his real voice.
- Super Strength: Hercules' schtick.
- Third-Person Person: Hercules often talks this way.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Hercules' Love Interest Helen disappears after the climax, leaving Pretzie the only one to receive a farewell message from the big lug.