Eric: Tomorrow's!Tomorrow's Nobodies is a series of flash animations started in 2003 by the Tomorrow's Nobody team. It can be found on Newgrounds and on the Tomorrow's Nobody YouTube Channel.The series initially follows the author avatars of four teenagers from Phoenix, Arizona: Eric, David, Ben, and Chris. Episodes from the old series regularly won daily pick awards on Newgrounds.The series was rebooted in 2004. The new series had much improved animation, more varied settings, and comparatively deeper plots. The new series also introduced Chase who replaced Ben in episode 3. Additionally, as the episode numbering was reset at 1, the episodes released in 2003 were retitled Old Tomorrow's Nobodies.Also created were 6 mini-episodes called "Nobodies Shorts" and a viewer mail series called "Ask Nobodies".
David: Tomorrow's! ...Damn it!
David: Tomorrow's! ...Damn it!
Tomorrow's Nobodies provides examples of:
- Ambidextrous Sprite: Ben's heterochromia occasionally switches eyes due to the nature of flash animation.
- Animation Bump: Done twice. First done between episodes 2 and 3 of Old Tomorrows Nobodies and again when the series was rebooted.
- Art Shift: The end of episode 5 changes from the series usual style to live action, to crude squiggly animation and back several times.
- Author Avatar: The main characters are all fictionalized versions of the creators.
- Black Comedy: Violence, death, and child abuse are regularly Played for Laughs.
- Butt-Monkey: David.
- Content Warnings: Used on some episodes of Old TN.
- Convection Smonvection: Ben is able to survive the apartment burning down in episode 2 with no burns or injuries of any kind despite the fact that the couch he was sleeping on is partially burn away. David also suffers nothing more than pain despite his hands being on fire for the majority of the episode.
- Early Installment Weirdness:
- Episodes 1 and 2 of the old series. The animation is much cruder than everything that followed. Old episode 1 in particular only featured Ben and Eric and had very bare-bones animation.
- The entire old series is this after the reboot. The humor in the old series was based much more on South Park-style Jew jokes than the new series. The old series also completely lacked a fourth wall, unlike the newer one.
- Funny Background Event:
- Pigeons exploding as Chris runs back and forth tossing poisoned bird food while Eric and Ben are in Times Square.
- The pictures of David with a giant inflatable penis in episode 4.
- Gag Penis: Tito's censor bar is nearly as long as his leg.
- Greedy Jew: Invoked. In old episode 5 David is no longer allowed to make jokes about Eric being Jewish as they are starring in a sitcom and jewish based humor is banned for being too similar to Sienfeld. Eric teases David by picking up a penny from the ground while mentioning how there's nothing that can be bought with a penny.
- Ink-Suit Actor: Based on the few live-action scenes from the series, each of the main characters are modeled closely on their real world counterparts.
- Naked People Are Funny: The entire point of Tito, a large naked black man who rarely serves any purpose beyond being, well…naked.
- No Fourth Wall:
- Used extensively in the old series. The characters regularly mention that they are the ones animating the show and several gags, such as the Baja Fresh gaining a drive through so they don't have to be animated getting out of the car, or the Soda-Popper creating hotdogs because all Chris can draw are hotdogs and fire, reference this fact.
- While largely averted by the new series the end of episode 5 has the creators arguing over the inclusion of a Jew joke followed by most of the cast quitting and David taking over animating the ending.
- Stoners Are Funny: Chase's shtick.
- Stylistic Suck: When David takes over animation at the end of episode 5.
- Anytime a commercial, TV show, or movie is shown it will be this.
- Talking to Himself: Unavoidable as nearly every character is voiced by a member of the Tomorrows Nobody team.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Baja Fresh in the old series.
- Whole Plot Reference: Episode 3 is essentially the plot of Half Baked mixed with Daddy Day Care.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: The main cast, especially David and Eric.