But just recently Ganondorf returned to Hyrule.
He claimed he was a changed man.
That he had seen the light...
... and put his dark past behind him.The Return Of Ganondorf
is a flash animation by LegendaryFrog
(and now available
). It parodies The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Years after the events of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
, the villainous Ganondorf returns
to Hyrule, having seen the error of his ways and has turned a new leaf. Link definitely doubts that and sets off to prove that Ganondorf is still evil — Or Is He?
These are the following tropes:
- The Atoner: Ganondorf.
- Chick Magnet: Link. Lampshaded.
[Malon and Saria giggle after Zelda admits she likes Link]
Princess Zelda: What? You all do!
Malon and Saria: Oh yeah... right...
- Determinator: Link is determined to prove that Ganondorf is still evil, but ends up slipping on his sanity instead.
- Evil Laugh:
- Ganondorf has an evil chuckle before he presents to Link his apology drawing, and then Ganondorf laughs maniacally after telling Link that he can help himself into anything in the fridge.
- Link does one after his Sanity Slippage... and decides to kill Navi.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Ganondorf returns.
- Get a Hold of Yourself, Man!: Navi smacking Link to get him out of his crazed state.
- Inspector Javert: Link. To an eventual crazy degree.
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Ninja: Link dresses up as one to spy on Ganondorf in his room.
- Jerkass: Link.
- Love Hurts: Ganondorf on his relationship with Nabooru.
- Mood Whiplash: Ganondorf saying that Nabooru and him used to be an item, but after she betrayed him he turned her into a statue. Now she's nothing to him. Cue Ganondorf cry like a little girl... to them having the to-die-for idea of do the chicken dance!
- Only Sane Man: Link believes he's this, but he starts to lose it in the end.
- Reformed but Rejected: The whole premise of the story is that Ganondorf is reformed, but Link rejects the very idea and thinks Ganondorf must be faking it.
- Rule of Three: Without counting the opening narration, Link spies on Ganondorf three times (in the Lost Woods, in Ganondorf's room, and at Zelda's slumber party) to catch him in any dastardly acts.
- Sanity Slippage: Link, by the end of the flash.
Link: There you have it! Undeniable proof that Ganondorf... will one day come and smite us all! Smite us I say! SMITE US GOOD! They... they just can't see it yet... Are they blind?! Blind as a Keese if you ask me! Ohhh... They'll see it... I'll MAKE them see it! They'll call me crazy! But I'm not crazy! I'm the only one that's NOT crazy...!
[Navi slaps Link]
Link: Thanks Navi... I lost control... C'mon let's go fishing!
[Navi flies off]
- Through the Eyes of Madness: Link reaches this in the end.
- Unreliable Narrator: Link's "re-enactment" of his last battle with Ganondorf and saving Zelda ("Make love to me Link!").
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Link. He tries spying on Ganondorf, but realizing Ganondorf wouldn't do anything dastardly "out in the open," sets off to spy on Ganondorf in his room. When that fails, Link spies on Ganondorf at Zelda's slumber party, knowing something "evil" would happen.