But just recently Ganondorf returned to Hyrule.
He claimed he was a changed man.
That he had seen the light...
... and put his dark past behind him.
"Yeah right!"The Return Of Ganondorf is a flash animation by LegendaryFrog on Newgrounds.com (and now available on YouTube). It parodies The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.Years after the events of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, the villainous Ganondorf returns to Hyrule, having seen the error of his ways and has turned a new leaf. Link definitely doubts that and sets off to prove that Ganondorf is still evil — Or Is He?
These are the following tropes:
- The Atoner: Ganondorf.
- Catapult Nightmare: Ganondorf suffers one, apparently having a nightmare about his fight with Link.
- Chick Magnet: Link. Lampshaded.[Malon and Saria giggle after Zelda admits she likes Link]Princess Zelda: What? You all do!Malon and Saria: Oh yeah... right...
- Comfort Food: Ganondorf admits to eating whenever he gets upset.
- Determinator: Link is determined to prove that Ganondorf is still evil, but ends up slipping on his sanity instead.
- Evil Laugh:
- Ganondorf has an evil chuckle before he presents to Link his apology drawing, and then Ganondorf laughs maniacally after telling Link that he can help himself into anything in the fridge.
- Link does one after his Sanity Slippage... and decides to kill Navi.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Ganondorf returns.
- Face–Heel Double-Turn: Ganondorf had renounced his evil ways after OoT, however Link is more unhinged.
- Get A Hold Of Yourself Man: Navi smacking Link to get him out of his crazed state.
- Inspector Javert: Link. To an eventual crazy degree.
- Jerkass: Link.
- Large Ham: Ganondorf can be like this. For example, speaking like his villainous self when telling Link to make himself at home and help himself to whatever's in the fridge.
- Love Hurts: Ganondorf on his relationship with Nabooru.
- Mood Whiplash: Ganondorf saying that Nabooru and him used to be an item, but after she betrayed him he turned her into a statue. Now she's nothing to him. Cue Ganondorf cry like a little girl... to them having the to-die-for idea of do the chicken dance!
- Ninja: Link dresses up as one to spy on Ganondorf in his room.
- Only Sane Man: Link believes he's this, but he starts to lose it in the end.
- Reformed, but Rejected: The whole premise of the story is that Ganondorf is reformed, but Link rejects the very idea and thinks Ganondorf must be faking it.
- Rule of Three: Without counting the opening narration, Link spies on Ganondorf three times (in the Lost Woods, in Ganondorf's room, and at Zelda's slumber party) to catch him in any dastardly acts.
- Sanity Slippage: Link, by the end of the flash.Link: There you have it! Undeniable proof that Ganondorf... will one day come and smite us all! Smite us I say! SMITE US GOOD! They... they just can't see it yet... Are they blind?! Blind as a Keese if you ask me! Ohhh... They'll see it... I'll MAKE them see it! They'll call me crazy! But I'm not crazy! I'm the only one that's NOT crazy...![Navi slaps Link]Link: Thanks Navi... I lost control... C'mon let's go fishing![Navi flies off]Link: You're next... BAIT. [Evil Laugh]
- Through the Eyes of Madness: Link reaches this in the end.
- Unreliable Narrator: Link's "re-enactment" of his last battle with Ganondorf and saving Zelda ("Make love to me Link!").
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Link. He tries spying on Ganondorf, but realizing Ganondorf wouldn't do anything dastardly "out in the open," sets off to spy on Ganondorf in his room. When that fails, Link spies on Ganondorf at Zelda's slumber party, knowing something "evil" would happen.