A Web Animation
designed as a Homage
(or rather a Parody
) of the whole Shōnen
genre, created by Mexican Daniel Cha (alias CxHxA)
, who doubles as sole animator, script writer and main Voice Actor
The story revolves around a boy named Kunashgi, 15 years old, who lives in an island (that later is revealed to be a peninsula) with an old man named Tecojobichi. Amusingly the boy hasn't asked his own name, or the one of his guardian, up to now, and after asking he's told that the "Great Day" has come. After some Training from Hell
, he's told to go to a championship and meets some particular people on the way.
Sorry English-speakers, it's only in Spanish right now (not exactly, but the subs This Troper has found just suck).
The character list:
- Kunashgi, the main character
- Tecojobichi-sensei, the Old Master and guardian of Kunashgi
- The Chupamons, Expies of Pokemons (see below)
- Noriko, Action Girl and unwilling Ms Fan Service
- Rysutakai, thief, vandal, and The Rival of Kunashgi
- KAKUN, Rysutakai's funny sidekick
This show provides examples of:
- Animesque: The style of drawing is simpler than anime, but as fun as the original.
- Call to Adventure: The most blatantly lame one ever, maybe. Quoting Tecojobichi: "I had already inscribed you to the tournament, so you're screwed".
- Catapult Nightmare: Kunashgi while remembering the story of his origins he was told the last chapter.
- Catch Phrase: "ˇLo logré, de veras lo logré!" (English approximation: "I did it! Believe it, I did it!")
- Cluster F-Bomb: Kunashgi, when he couldn't get the grip on walking over trees - more exactly, he couldn't brake.
- Cross-Popping Veins and Sweat Drop: Of course!
- Curse Cut Short: Noriko has to write down every curse she happens to say in a notebook, so she usually resorts to this to prevent it.
- Double Entendre: Too many to count. Including the Spanish meaning of Tecojobichi's name.
- Dangerous Fifteenth Birthday: Parodied. Since nearly all Shōnen starts with this, the creator decided to have teen Kunashgi start 15 years old.
- Expy: Some, of course, this being a parody:
- The Chupamons (in English they would be "Suckamons") as Expies of Pokemons. The origin of their name comes from their earlier deep relationship with humans.
- The articles used to catch the Chupamons are named Millenial Sex Articles. No, I'm not making this one up. Complete with either phallic or feminine traits.
- Fetch Quest: Poor Kunashgi must travel all around the island... er, peninsula in order to get one ridiculous item after another, just to get mushrooms to heal himself. While bleeding. Because his master beat him with a surprise attack.
- Funbag Airbag: Noriko on Kunashgi, after he "accidentally" slips off.
- Fun with Acronyms: Kunashgi = GoKU + NAruto + ASH + YUgi. It even goes as far as showing Tecojobichi thinking about it (he thought the name, after all).
- Insistent Terminology: "ˇNo Teco! ˇNo Tecojo! ˇTecojobichi-sensei para ti!" (Hope this one needs little to no translation.)
- Also on the Millenial Sex Article: "ˇNo del ańo! ˇNo del siglo! ˇDEL MILENIO!" (Tr. "Not yearly! Not centurial! MILLENIAL!!!")
- Kamehame Hadoken: The unoriginally named Tecotecoha.
- Ki Attacks: Or as Tecojobichi puts it, "Ki, Chakra, or whatever other stupid name you think about. Personally I name it Chi". Which is a nuisance for poor Kunashgi (see Weaksauce Weakness).
- Ms Fan Service: Poor Noriko seems to be slapped in the series just for that.
- Not Safe for Work: And how.
- Overly Long Name: KAKUN's actually the initials of Kitsuki Asobot Kineki Ushkito Naitero.
- Panty Shot: Kunashgi "accidentally" slides under Noriko, confirming the above theory.
- Shout-Out: C'mon, THE WHOLE SERIES is made of those.
- The Other Darrin: Noriko, one of the characters Kunashgi meets later, had her fan-dubber changed THRICE. The first one only said a few lines on the end of the chapter, so nobody really cared. The second-to-third transition is handwaved with her falling inside of a Pond of Voice Change.
- The name "Noriko" was actually the nickname of her first VA. For more curiosity, she hadn't even said her name before having to quit (due to lack of time, seemingly), but the name remained anyway.
- The Rival: Rysutakai. Guess where his name comes from.
- Tournament Arc: The reason Kunashgi had to get out of his home island - er, peninsula.
- Special Guest: None other than Bill Cosby. Explaining what a Pokémon is... in the wrong show.
- And Link. Don't know where to start with him.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Every time somebody says the syllable "Chi", Kunashgi suffers a Potty Failure.