Web Animation / A Day in Dracula's Life
A web animation involving Castlevania
's Big Bad
, created by Kajetokun/Kajmaster Kajet. Exactly What It Says on the Tin
, it chronicles a normal day in the life of Dracula
. Can be seen here.
This work provides examples of:
- Affably Evil: Death.
- Alas, Poor Villain: Dracula got off particularly bad not because he saw his cronies get creamed, not because Richter Belmont is a "fucking ass", not because he couldn't get to eat his favorite meal, not because he was looking forward to the day and didn't get to enjoy it, not because Richter spammed Hydro Storm, not because Richter killed him (again), not even because he was forced into what looks like a Karmic Death instead of taking the Mercy Kill he wanted, but because he meets Werewolf in the afterworld.
- Ambiguously Gay: Death.
- Angrish: Dracula constantly goes into this whenever things go bad for him... which is always. When angered, he rarely can swear without cutting himself off, let alone form a coherent sentence. See Cluster F-Bomb and Spit Take below.
- Animated Actors: Possibly suggested by Dracula refusing to deliver his infamously bombastic speech from SotN. (He later does say the line, only to put a spin on it at the end.) Richter, however, goes charging ahead with his lines, not even listening to Dracula's rant. Dracula spares no time in pointing out that Richter's responses don't even match up to what he's (Dracula) saying.
- Back for the Dead: Lampshaded by Death when Richter comes waltzing in to his throne room and Dracula notes that he's only been alive for maaaaaybe five minutes. This is especially amusing to anyone who is aware of what actually happens in Rondo of Blood — it's the one game where Dracula actually didn't attack immediately after coming back to life, instead biding his time for about a year before targeting Richter's hometown.
- Back from the Dead: Starts with this. Drac's resurrection doesn't last long.
- Big Damn Heroes: Parodied when Maria comes in and makes Richter invincible.
- Butt Monkey: Werewolf, Death, and Dracula.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Used with increasing frequency as Dracula's day gets worse and worse.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Really, really, really played with.
- Degraded Boss: Werewolf's punishment for losing to Richter.
Death: Dracula! Belmont just took down Werewolf.
Dracula: FUCKING USELESS-ASS WEREWOLF! I pay that bitch so much money to take down Belmont—TH-THAT'S IT! He just lost his boss status; HE'S NOW A NORMAL-ASS ENEMY! Just like all those Axe Armors!
- "Do It Yourself" Theme Tune: The music of choice for the battle between Dracula and Richter is Kajetokun's own rendition (a cappella, and well done at that) of "Dance of Illusions," Dracula's usual battle leitmotif since Rondo of Blood.
- Get It Over With: Subverted, much to Dracula's misfortune.
- The Grim Reaper: Death, who else?
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain: It even gets to the point where Death is comically taken down within seconds.
- Light is Not Good: The Belmonts keep stealing Dracula's food and cash, and in this case, Richter is attacking Dracula within five minutes of his awakening, before he's had time to do anything more evil than eating pot roast.
- Ironically, Rondo of Blood, the game where Richter comes from (the "What is a man?" speech in Symphony of the Night's prologue also takes place during Rondo of Blood's endgame) is the one game where Dracula actually gets proactive after his revival and attacks Richter's village.
- Minimalist Cast: Most of Dracula's Legions of Hell that were capable of speech in Rondo and SotN are missing here, with the animation primarily consisting of Death giving an increasingly frantic Dracula status reports about Richter before the Dark Lord vainly attempts to defeat the latest member of the Belmont line.
- Sociopathic Hero: Richter Belmont.
- Spit Take:
Dracula: *spits tea* A BELMONT IN THE CASTLE?! AAAH SHI—! GOD DAMN—! FUCK! PISS! OH MY GOD! ALREADY?? OH MY GOD! GOD DAMN—!
- Shout-Out: This is from the same person who made The Balls Are Inert. Dracula accidentally (or not considering how much he hates Belmonts) calls him a BALLmont.
- When Death asks Dracula how his pot roast was, Dracula says it was delicious, complete with extra emphasis on the word "delicious" and an image of M. Bison.
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: Lampshaded: "You're not even listening to me, are you? Oh my God!" That's what happens when any Belmont has a one-track mind.
- Taken further in BBH MUGEN: Dracula vs. Richter (see below), where, upon being asked the question, Richter is seen shaking his head "no" to Dracula's question.
- This Cannot Be!: Played with; due to how one sided the fight was, Dracula says it sarcastically, but his real last words are calling Richter a "fucking ass" again.
- Too Dumb to Live: Richter Belmont, who just insists on spamming Hydro Storm, even when Dracula clearly charges at him in heavy anger. He gets stomped on as a result, but then comes Maria...
- Trademark Favorite Food: Pot roast. Once Werewolf informs Dracula that Richter has infiltrated the castle, Dracula's first concern is to try and hide his meal in the candles because Belmont stole it last time. (The fucking bastard.)
I made your favorite
! Pot roast~! Dracula:
Oh, boy! POT ROAST!! That just so happens to be the feast in which I have the most delight in feasting upon
- Villainous Breakdown: Dracula when Maria restores Richter to full health instantly.
- Whoring: Hydro Storm.
Dracula: Dammit Belmont, how many hearts do you have?!note
- You Have Got to Be Kidding Me!: Dracula's reaction to Richter's sudden invincibility.
What in the hell is this animal bullsh... Are you fucking kidding me? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! THIS IS A LOAD OF BULL! SHIT!
Since there are several spin-offs, here's a character comparison table: