Zero didn't die at the end of Zero 4, but YOU Killed Zero in ZX.
Zero survived the end of Mega Man Zero 4, and "Omega" is the remains of him. Zero was heavily injured at the end, and lost his helmet. He eventually came across a wandering Omega and destroyed him, and took his armor. Thus, YOU KILLED ZERO.
- Then why did he yell the messiah line?
- Not only that, but why would Zero try to kill you? How would he go about merging with Omega? Where was he all this time? Gonna use that "I hid myself so I could repair myself" excuse from X6, again?
The Sage Trinity are the doctors from the Classic series.
Their Disk data says they were Human, taking on bionic bodies to let them live for centuries
. Note the plural; ZX takes place 100 years after Zero, which takes place 100 years after X, which takes place 100 years after Classic.
- By that token, Master Thomas went insane with grief after living so long and seeing Megaman, X, and Zero die and decided there was no better option than to start over by resetting the world.
- This...this makes so much sense, and would tie up a lot of loose ends.
Megaman ZX 3...
...will be made and star Neige
's daughter, who will Megamerge with Model C(raft). Just because it would be so cool
- Wouldn't she need to be immortal to pull that off? I mean, the ZX series takes place about a thousand years (Or was it a few hundred? I forget.) after the Zero series and Reploids have human-like mortality now and humans only got robotic bodies. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, the only beings that were immortal were Prairie (for some reason), the Sage Trinity, and possibly Grey (since he was created by Albert).
- I believe it's around 200 years. Given that humans were given cybernetic enhancements, I wouldn't be surprised if Ciel exists out there.
- Unlikely. Even if Ciel was capable of living this long (which, granted, is a possibility), IIRC, she was heavily implied to have been murdered by Serpent.
Guesses for future ZX installments, mainly the final one
- At least one new character will use a Model B, but if they are a Final Boss/ Disc One Final Boss then they will stay hidden until their battle and reveal that Model B is Model Bass. Bonus points if a Treble Support System is used.
- But remember, Japan is first in line. Model B would be Blues, aka Protoman. And since model F(orte) is already taken, Bass may be SOL.
- For at least part of the plot, you will play as either the Model X user or the Model A user of your gender choice.
- If you continue using Grey/Ashe, one of them will find a romantic interest in one of the other Mega Men (Atlas or Aile for Grey, Any of the others for Ashe).
- You will be forced to fight Model Z or alternatively, Zero with a new body, at some point... unless he ends up being the star of the next game.
- Model X and Model A will start thinking about who Model A's based off, as Model X is reminded of Axl
- Girouette will get rebuilt and come back just like Zero did all those times (basing this off of nothing expect for the fact that it would be another way to compare the two).
- You play as two previously-unknown characters who are revealed to be the memory-wiped Prometheus and Pandora, who eventually regain their powers.
- Thomas will continue the Games of Destiny, but as a distraction from his main plan. This will be screwed up in one way or another.
- Model A will have an identity crisis at some point.
- The creation of the Carbons will either be involved or hinted at.
- If they don't return as good guys, Pandora and Prometheus will come back either Brainwashed and Crazy or in a damaged/falling apart form, possibly combined.
- Omega will make a reappearance, though he may or may not be an Anti-Climax Boss
- The other four model users will be upgraded, but at the same time, due to their own Models fighting back, having second thoughts about the whole thing.
- The Model W pieces will be used by Thomas, but instead of the form's Albert took initially Thomas's will be reminiscent of Weil.
- Eventually, somehow, Wily will manage to construct himself a new body out of the Model W parts, becoming the series TRUE final boss and the mastermind behind pretty much everything. Bonus points if it ends up Mikhail was Willy all along and had manipulated both Albert and Thomas all along, perhaps even remarking to Thomas "Just like old times eh Light?" If Thomas does end up being Dr. Light.
- Also, Wily will fight using a Model W form that resembles a Wily Capsule, then in hand-to-hand combat. As he bows his head and begs for mercy, you kill him execution style.
More guesses about the next ZX game/s (should they ever come out)
- Ciel is still alive: Vent's storyline reveals a possiblity that she managed to escape Serpent's attack, and while Aile's storyline is usually considered more canonical, I think it's pretty safe to assume that the different details revealed about the past are supposed to complement each other. And it was already established that humans can possibly live for hundreds of years via mechanical implants.
- Prometheus and Pandora will return, even if they were intended to die in ZXA, they will be Saved by the Fans.
- There will be a new Model Z biomatch, and you will be able to choose between playing as Vent/Aile(with model X, gaining powerups by reclaiming the Biometals and/or unlocking Model X's Mega Manning power), Grey/Ashe(with Model A, gaining powerups via A-Trans like in ZXA) and the new Model Z user/s(who will learn new moves by beating bosses, like Zero).
- Weil will hijack the plot: Because that's a series tradition, and given the backstory, it will probably happen at some point.
Siarnaq's goal on the Game Of Destiny
Judging from his info from the Datadisk, he was backstabbed and Left for Dead
in the past, and he becomes cold and impassive. With that, maybe he thinks that Humans Are Bastards
and then he tried to wipe out humanity?
Alternatively, when we lose to him in his boss battle, he said that he's proceeding to take over the Legion. What will he do with that?
Master Albert is Doctor Wily
Albert? Wily? Come on, it can't be a coincidence! At some point, Wily became an Omnicidal Maniac
who is using the biometals(even Model W) to "reset the world", because he hates the fact Dr Light's legacy has managed to integrate with even human bodies, and that no-one remembers him. He's taken a step in Magnificent Bastard
- Model Z could also integrate with human bodies.
- The problem with Master Albert being Doctor Wily himself is the same as the problem with Dr. Weil being Dr. Wily. How did Wily manage to live throughout the entire Mega Man X series, up until the Zero series (and in this case, beyond that) on his own? If he was Weil he had to survive until he was given the cyborg body by Neo Arcadia, in the which case their punishment- a body that refused to let him die- would be lessened. If he's Master Albert, how did Wily live roughly half a millennium without being discovered on a planet that's had at least one colony dropped on it?
- Time machine. Wily's had access to one before. Now why he chose to stay in the future, THAT'S another question.
- Or he was off-planet. Dr Wily has built space stations before; maybe he had one of those space stations store whatever computer he uploads his mind in. Dr Weil isn't Wily, and his destructive Elf Wars forced Wily to delay any plan of world conquest. When becoming Master Albert, Wily could easily create fake histories for himself, and clone new bodies.
Master Mikhael is evil
The other two are. If we wasn't evil to begin with he'll probably become
an evil mastermind out of sheer peer pressure.
...who will Megamerge will Model V(ile)
. Who will have his/her own Ride Armor
. You know you want this to happen.
More unhinged predictions for the third game, Proto version
At one point during the gme, perhaps at the end of the final boss fight, the player will be helpless, perhaps due to Model W energy, perhaps due to any number of things. then, just as it looks like they're going to be finished off, a familiar, but slightly distorted sounding whistle sounds off as Protoman, damage and looking a bit mix and match in regards to parts, pulls off a Big Damn Heroes. Double points if all he did was expose himself to the boss and the Main Character finishes things off ala MMZ 3
Alternatively, Protoman is behind everything.
One big Sage Trinity theory.
Alright, we've already explored the idea of the Sage Trinity being the original doctors. Now, let's go a little further. To do so, I will be in character.
- Master Albert: Mwhahahahaha! I am the great Mad Scientist, Dr Albert Wily! Now, you're probably wondering what the hell happened to me. After they designed the Mother Elf, I came to the conclusion that it could make me Deader than Dead. I wasn't going to take it, so I became programming. And now I'm back, ready to Take Over the World via Model W. "Model W/Dr Weil was manipulating me?", you say? FOOLS! HE IS NOTHING COMPARED TO ME! I manipulated that retched excuse for a human being and he doesn't even know it. Yes, I called him retched. I may be power-hungry and prideful, but I ain't a sadistic ego-maniac! Oh, and tell Model Z I said hi.
- Master Thomas: Everlasting peace. Yes, I once believed that. Oh, I believed that. But then came the Elf Wars. Then came the pain and horror and blood and suffering. The world turned into Hell. Being a Literal Pacifist can no longer work. I needed to desperately heal the world. I need to save the world. The only way this can work is if the planet is reset. To be back to what the world was like before Wily and I went at it.
- Master Mikhail: Bah! I've been completely forgetten. But it doesn't matter. I can save the world.
- Alternately: Light can't do what he needs to do all alone. He needs help. He needs me.
Thetis is not evil
He was, at worst, a well intentioned extremist after he joined the game of destiny. Keep in mind that he would have been directly recruited, then, by the man running the whole game, prometheus, or pandora. My theory is he only started trying to wipe out humans after he came into contact with someone who had a powerful connection to Model w.
Unfortunately for poor Thetis, this implies some things
were done to him to make him more acepting of the implications of the game of destiny.
Model A is Axl and Albert.
Because both of them are hosts for Lumine. It's hinted that Lumine possessed Axl at the end of X8. Also, Albert's final form bears a slight resemblance to him. Albert/Lumine based his biometal on the last fully reploid body he had before switching over to a cyborg host.
Alternatively, Model A is just Axl
Albert, being the self-centered bastard that he is, claimed to have named Model A after himself just to mess with our heads.
Model a (lowercase) is original Mega Man's biometal
Not only is he 8-bit, he plays exactly like classic Mega Man.
The Biometals are only copies of the heroes. The true heroes are dead.
True, Model L, P, H, and F act like they are the real heroes, but they only have the memories of the legendary heroes. Same with Model X and Model Z. They were given all the memories the legendary heroes had, by Ceil. Ceil found it was impossible to bring them back to life, so she just copied them, the same thing she did with X in the Zero series. Only this time, she copied them much better. To prove this, look at Omega and Model O. Model O can be obtained through normal gameplay, as well as the battle with Omega, but you can't use Model O until you beat the game once, probably to prevent it from becoming a game breaker, but I believe it is still canon. You can fight Omega with Model O, so Model O must be a copy of Omega. Also, Model Albert is clearly a copy of Albert. Albert says he downloaded his plan into Model A, and talks about other things he's given Model A, and the fact that it"s called "Model Albert" all point to Model A being Albert. But that's impossible, Albert is standing right there. It's simple, Model Albert is a copy with Albert's memories, and his mind (Thus giving him his plan). Model A was supposed to give Grey Albert's plan and tell him what to do, so it makes sense that he would be a duplicate of Albert. And since Grey was under mind control, Model A would've been the one who would truly replace Albert. Model W is also not Weil, but Weil's robotic body revived, with his memories and basically everything Weil had, making it basically the same thing.
- Given that these are robots we're dealing with (albeit ridiculously human ones), and they already all switch bodies regularly (we call it "extra lives"), if they have all the memories, how is it truly different, philosophically speaking, from the original? The original X died halfway through the first level of MMX, for example, if you look at it that way.
- It's the same as the difference between X and Copy X of the Zero series. Just the biometals are much better copies. Ceil does consider copying a reploid just as good as bringing them back to life. That's why she copied X when she found out she couldn't revive him, and she didn't bother to tell anyone (outside of Zero and maybe the resistance) because she figured a copy is just as good as the original anyways. If it was just a switch of bodies, you shouldn't be able to fight Omega with his own biometal (and Albert, but his Biometal could be an exception since he never died). Also, Word of God when talking about the creation of the biometals is actually more vague then the game is. Word of God leaves open the possibility that the biometals are in fact copies.
Mega Man ZX takes place in 27XX.
Mega Man X takes place in 21XX, but Command Mission is 22XX. Zero supposedly takes place 100 years after the end of the X series, so that would put it at 23XX. Master Albert has been working on Model W for over 300 years, but we don't know how long it's been between when the Zero series ended and Albert started on the project, so it could've taken a long time for society to rebuild. Thus it's been 700 years since the original Mega Man fought Dr. Wily, and it seems that the works of Thomas Light has been lost to time judging by the loose continuity.
- The events of the previous series are probably not entirely lost, given that the Three Sages knew enough to name themselves after the founding roboticists. They just know about as much about 20XX as we do the 14th century- less, even, given that most data would have been on short-lived storage media, and most of the rest would have been destroyed in the unending massively violent warfare between 21XX and 23XX.
The official materials say that Zero's body was never found after Ragnarok, but if that's the case then how did Ciel make a biometal for him? Whether it's a copy or the real thing she'd need a base of some kind to get the information from. In X's case, she used a refined and debugged version of the data she had on Copy X, but in Zero's case she got it from the man himself. Zero survived Ragnarok (we only saw his broken helmet
, not the rest of his body), and having ended the human/reploid wars for good, he dropped his weapons and ceased to be a war machine, devoting himself to helping Ciel better the world through peaceful means. Of course he was still a reploid and eventually outlived her, but he kept in contact with Alouette and the Guardians and assisted them in a non-combat function until the beginning of ZX, when he used Model Z — which, of course,
biomatched with him perfectly — in place of the equipment he'd long since discarded. Unfortunately Zero had gone so long without fighting that he was only at a fraction of his total ability when he first faced Serpent, and got sucker-punched when Serpent pulled out Model W.
- Except for that Word of God has explicitly said that Zero and Giro are not one in the same. Similar? You can bet your life he is. But the same guy? No. As for the Biometal? Ciel studied Model W (aka the remains of the fusion between Dr. Weil and Ragnarok) and used her research as the basis for the other 6 Biometals. It's unknown if Model Z is a Soul Jar for Zero, but at the very least, it retains/emulates elements of his personality, right down to his kinship with Model X (X) and the one-sided Foe Yay-esque rivalry with Model L (Fairy Leviathan).
- As for the lack of body... he was on the open surface of a space station burning up on reentry. And there wasn't nearly as much of him to burn up as Weil.
Aile's story (and by extension, Grey's) is canon.
- Regarding whose storyline is canon and whose isn't, before I'm going on it, I will say that all of the protagonists (Vent, Aile, Grey, Ashe) exists in all storylines. This is my hypothesis.
The Secret Ending of ZXA leads into the Legends series
- With no knowledge of Master Thomas's plans, the heroes were unable to stop him from resetting the world and bringing about the Legends era, a peaceful place with no humans at all.
Master Thomas succeed in his plans
Tied with other WMG above
- Master Thomas is Dr Light (specifically, his consciousness that appeared in X. By the time of ZX, he was moved into robotic body)
- He reset the world by creating a time machine and goes back to 20XX, telling the future to his past selves so that he picked networking instead of robotic major. His action created the Battle Network timeline. The original timeline still existed though. The problem with this theory is Duo, though they could be simply different, unrelated entities.
Giro was one of the Cyber-Elves in Area E.
- It's never really explained where the heck he went after he sacrificed himself, and he spontaneously returns after Vent/Aile defeats Serpent. In Area E (the Power Plant), there are hundreds of Cyber-Elves in tubes being used to power the plant, and after the boss is defeated, the Cyber-Elves disappear, likely free to escape without Hivolt keeping them there. Giro may have been one of these Cyber-Elves, and escaped after Vent/Aile defeated Hivolt, watching over him/her and appearing one last time to encourage him/her to keep going after Serpent's defeat.