- Shiny crystals that can make things fly - check
- Strange flying machines that could double as ships - check
- Character designs - check (OK both are Anime, they're still similar enough to count)
- The designs of the "ruins" in Mega Man Legends and Laputa in Castle in the Sky - check
- A "ascended" kind of humans that vanished - check
- Lost technology - check
- Ancient weapons that can wipe out whole civilizations - check
- A artificial weather anomaly that can hide a entire island - check
Dr.Wily is the Bonne family's ancestorIt would explain the Skull symbol.
- Biggest problem with this: Nobody in the MML world is actually human any more, so he can't be their biological ancestor.
- Depends how we view this though. Wily considers Zero(His final creation) his son for example.
- Given that there's a boat owner named Wily, Wily is a surname, and that the owner in question looks just like ol' Albert, its pretty damn clear that even if his genes aren't around anymore, somebody made sure something of Dr. Albert Wily would exist in the Carbon genepool. Or whatever they have instead of genes to pass on traits. One of the initial Carbons was probably modeled after Wily as closely as possible, most likely because the designer thought it'd be a good design for robotics assistants.
Tron was letting Megaman winDirectly in any battle that she's involved in, and indirectly through continued negligent design of her mechs. In her prequel game she was able to create a small army of robots, ransack an island GTA style, go on numerous digs unaided by her brothers, and take down in international crime boss at the age of 13. Fast Forward a year later and she's getting her rear end handed to her by a little boy armed with the in universe equivalent of a BB gun. Maybe their first encounter can be attributed to her legitimately underestimating him, as well as not knowing the vulnerabilities in her own machines. But the prequel establishes that she's smart enough to learn from her past mistakes. It should've never been an issue again.
- "Little boy armed with the in universe equivalent of a BB gun"? Megaman Volnutt is an incredibly powerful purifier class robot, and is far more advanced than ths technology that Tron uses. Don't be fooled by his small size of his body or projectiles he fire, as he's still stronger than Juno's war body, which is beyond anything Tron has access to. Megaman has the firepower to personally down the Gesselschaft, a massive warship, in a few minutes, which was built before Tron ever met Megaman and developed a crush.
Volnutt was "Joe"'s last name.Both Roll and Barrel have the surname Casket, but it's established that Barrel is Roll's grandfather on her mom's side. Sometimes in families where the mother still uses her maiden name, that name will be inherited by her daughters while sons get the father's name. Since Megaman was raised as Roll's brother, he was given her father's surname.
The last human DNASo it's established at the end of Legends 1 that Megaman Trigger contains the last remaining human DNA. In a hypothetical third game (sixth, if you want to get technical) it's entirely possible that the main quest results in the replication of this DNA. As Megaman, Roll and Barrel gather round what looks like a Doctor Light capsule, the door slowly hisses open and out steps... Wily. Cue 8-bit flashback cutscene of Wily replacing Light's DNA sample with his own. The newly reborn Wily creates chaos, and Megaman is forced to decide... destroy the last traces of humanity to preserve civilization as he knows it... or allow humanity to be reborn, with Wily as its blueprint?
The vault Mega Man Juno was hibernating in is a robot construction chamberHow else was his backup data going to 1. get a new body, and 2. get back in the Main Gate? Okay, there's Eden, but then he'd have to take the long route.
There will be a level in the third game where you (playing as Mega Man Volnutt-Trigger) carry out the mission to destroy elysium
Mega Man Legends 3 WILL be uncancelled......only for it to be released as a crappy game with all fan-made characters acting like total idiots, due to the fans' outrage.
- Followed by Capcom giving the fanbase a long The Reason You Suck speech during the credits.
If it's ever released, in Mega Man Legends 3 Mega Man Trigger will find a Dr. Light capsuleIt will know of his existence.
Fisherman/Marina Wily really is Dr. WilyCome on, he was a bit too interested in the knowledge that the Bonnes built a robot out of the wreckage of his ships. Evil chin rub of doom and everything!
The Reaverbots in Legends are the descendants of the cyborgs from ZX.In ZX, people begin replacing their bodies with mechanical parts. Eventually they give up on human forms alltogether & even stop communicating in ways that the new cloned race of humans, or "Carbons", can understand. They Carbons believe that the Reavers are mindless drones left to guard the treasures of a lost civilization who are too primitive to realize that they no longer have a purpose & see nothing wrong with destroying them. What they're really doing is killing people who are just trying to defend their own homes & property.
The Reaverbots are the decendants of the technology of humanity that fled underground during the Mega Man X gamesMentioned in X6 and never mentioned again; Neo-Arcadia takes all the glory in ZX. The actual human colony died out, but their technology survived in the dark for a long time. We see this in the "ruins" at the Forest of Dysis in Zero 2. The entire system ran on auto-pilot until something provided it with Ciel's power crystal technology and it adapted it into Refractors and started growing beneath the Earth. The Human/Reploid hybrids cannabalizing their refractor shards slowed it down a little, but not by much.
The Elder System from Legends is a lot older than most people think.It wasn't created by Albert, Ceil, Weil, X, or even Wily. It was created by the ancient, possibly alien civilization that made the Stardroids from MMV for Gameboy. At some point between ZX & Legends, more of their technology was unearthed & reprogrammed to suit the needs of the current civilization.
The Legends world is connected to the world of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.This is why the King of Red Lions stops you from leaving the map. Rupees even look like Refractor Shards!
Wily is in charge of Capcom.And he hates all the Mega Men that have emerged over the millennia, which is why he killed Legends 3.
Megaman X (and classic) are games within Legends series.There's a poster, and it was mentioned the name megaman (and maybe roll) is taken from games. The Wily wars did happened, and so the maverick wars centuries ago. However games are rarely accurate to the real history, thus explained the plotholes
If Megaman Legends 3 gets uncancelled...
- Unlike the previous troper stated the game will actually not suck and will again take fan input by Capcom.
- Or better yet: Capcom will sell/give the rights back to the rightful owner
The Reaverbots Have Something To Do With Model W.I only came up with this after noticing the (very) slight similarity between the Reaverbot eyes and the red "lights" of the majority of the large Model W fragments. One of the biometal's abilities is the reanimation of machines. Maybe, the individual pieces combine themselves with these machines to actively fight. Maybe the Reaverbots respawn because of Model W. But this is just a random theory that I haven't given all that much thought into. So, sorry.
<<|Wild Mass Guessing|>>