Brittany and Santana will become a legitimate couple.
They both seem to care more about each other than any of the boys they've dated. Maybe the reason they're both so promiscuous is they're in massive denial about their lesbianism and keep hoping they'll find the right guy to "turn" them straight. Maybe after Kurt gets a boyfriend, the school environment will become less homophobic and Santana and Brittany will be able to come out and start dating each other (instead of just fucking around behind everyone's backs).
- Other than the fact that Brittany is bisexual, CONFIRMED.
Terri is faking her pregnancy to manipulate Will.
She had two champagne glasses in hand when she announced her pregnancy. ANYONE should know not to drink alcohol while pregnant. Also, if Will finds out, then it'll allow Emma Pillsbury
to get him.
- Realistically, a glass of champagne early in the pregnancy won't harm the baby. That said, you're probably right. It fits with the kind of characterization she's getting.
- Exactly. Also, it's the perfect excuse for Will to get with Emma. Foreshadowing is in full effect. It's early in the show, though; the writers have plenty of time to introduce another twist to muck things up. More likely, though, Status Quo Is God and nothing will change for a season or two.
- Argh! Can't One Drink Kills The Baby be averted?!
- Well let's not forget that Terri avoided mayo before she even thought she was pregnant.
- Will has to end up with Emma, and that wouldn't be possible if he is the father of a baby by Terri. There is no way the people who run the show would get away with having a married man leave his pregnant wife for her. Will and Emma are going to have a "will they or won't they" thing for ages.
- The promo for the series has Terri having a scan and the doctor saying he can't find the baby. If the doctor is competent, then this is strong evidence.
Idina Menzel will get stunt cast (not as herself!) at some point.
Idina Menzel and Lea Michele look very similar; and it would make for a great episode where Rachel finds "mom" and then spends the whole time trying to out-vocal her. Bonus points if April Rhodes is refereeing.
For a long time, Finn will be the only one who doesn't know that Puck is the real father.
Typical part of Poor Communication Kills
. In episode 9 Puck tells Mercedes that he is the real father and it's likely that she won't keep a secret. Chances are that all Glee members will find out before Finn.
- Rachel might not tell because she doesn't want to break Finn's heart or because she thinks he will hate her for it. Kurt to a extent might do the same, and Artie and Tina won't say a word if the other club members ask them to keep quiet.
- Rachel is likely to tell Finn if she finds out so that Finn will be single and available for her (but she'd probably do it anonymously).
- Finn would likely to be hurt by anyone that will tell about the truth, so my choice would be... Kurt, since there is no chance of the two get together
- Which is why I think it will have to be Finn's mother who has to explain to him that he's not the father. She's the only one who could do it without Finn becoming angry (other than at Puck and Quinn for lying to him), and since Mercedes is the only other glee club member who knows Puck is the real father (and probably won't spread that fact around) it would be pretty easy for her to just stay silent on the fact that she knew.
- Confirmed, sort of. Mercedes tells everyone else but Rachel and Finn, but Rachel figures it out anyway and then tells Finn. To his face. The fallout isn't pretty.
Do you REALLY think Artie's going to stay in that wheelchair?
He's played by Kevin McHale, perhaps one of the best dancers in the cast. Even barring Artie getting cured, the show does have occasional "fantasy" musical numbers that seemingly take place in the characters' heads (like when Mercedes busted the window on Kurt's car), so it's not out of the question for him to get up and dance during some introspective musical number about how he wishes
he could be able-bodied. And given the nature of the show, him being cured might not
be out of the question.
- Being cured of a spinal injury that kept you in a wheelchair for the past eight years is a bit of a stretch, even for Glee. Most of the hard-to-believe action is because Poor Communication Kills and severe Genre Blindness, but Artie getting out of that chair would be a miracle by any stretch and would ruin the entire point of his character anyway.
- True, but I also said that even if him being cured is out of the question, there are always "fantasy numbers" where a song takes place in a person's head.
- I'm pretty sure this has been Jossed in an interview/panel by the series creators. Does anyone have a link?
- If they were going to do that, it probably would have been during Dancing With Myself, no?
- A recent interview had them saying that Artie will be seen dancing around as he imagines what it would it would be like to dance with his fellow Glee members without his wheelchair.
- Happens in ep 19. The episode directed by Joss Whedon. So would this be UNJossed?
- Beiste bought him a "Re-Walk," in The Christmas Episode, which completely destroyed the rather touching and very well done "You Can't Always Get What You Want" Aesop of the episode.]]
- Not necessarily. Sure, Artie manages to walk, but it's slow and clunky at best, and everybody knows it isn't a permanent solution. The Aesop was about Brittany's belief in Santa Claus, and that sometimes miracles do happen. Besides, if you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need.
- The Re-Walk was revealed to have broken the day after he got it in the following Christmas episode. The reason? Well...
Quinn lives with ...?
- It's not much of a stretch to say that Finn will find out he's not the true father and when he does it's pretty clear that Quinn probably won't be allowed to live at his house. So where to go? Puck is an obvious choice but she's kind of mad at him. Mr. Shue is a nice enough guy that he would consider her baby to be his due to Terri's lie and might let her and the baby stay with him.
- If it is Puck, I don't see it lasting long. Will I could see... though it depends heavily on how the aftermath of Mattress plays out. That said, Finn seems like a nice enough guy that even if he's -not- the father, he'd still support and welcome Quinn. Might be mad at first but he's certainly not the sort that would kick Quinn out on the street.
- Will just left his wife, so I can't see that happening. And her relationship with Puck is kind of in a shambles. Maybe she goes to live with the baby's real father◊
- Or maybe Quinn will live with Rachel? It's obvious Rachel feels guilty and wants to make amends after outing the baby drama so I can see her inviting Quinn to live with her once she finds out about the situation. Plus, her dads will probably be the most accepting to letting a pregnant girl live with them.
- This might be interesting. Aren't the two actresses roomies in real life anyway?
- Perhaps she lives with Will anyway - the two of them at basically thrown out or at least, distanced, from their families (while Finn might not dislike her, he might not trust her any more once he knows). They aren't a couple (Duh), but Will becomes Quinn's legal guardian - Quinn gets a baby, Will gets a baby, Quinn gets a pseudo-father that can actually handle the task and lacks the various issues the other two have, Will gets a relationship that is trusting and uncomplicated with someone that actually likes him for him being him.
- And a dozen crack!fics were born...
- They already exist. Starting with this one (which is widely considered the best, and is platonic).
- I respectfully disagree with both counts. this one is earlier, if not better. There seem to have popped up a bunch of fics that focus on this idea, though, and most of them skew romantic.
- Confirmed to be living in the Puckerman household
- Will be moving in with Mercedes as of "Funk."
Jesse didn't join McKinley High School and New Directions to learn their secrets as The Mole
to Vocal Adrenaline. He is only the mole because he is trying to help Shelby reunite with Rachel — who's revealed to be her daughter — through Jesse getting to know her.
Idina Menzel was
chosen for the role of Vocal Adrenaline's coach Shelby because of her resemblance to Lea Michele, so this wouldn't be too far of a stretch. Also, the preview for Episode 19 shows that Rachel is looking for her mother with the help of Jesse. And as much as Wikipedia is an unreliable source, it says that Idina Menzel has expressed an interest in being the biological mother of Rachel, and it is said that she will be guest starring in Episode 19.
- Alternately, all of this will be a red herring to mislead the audience from the TRUE identity of Rachel's mother, Sue Sylvester.
- Fucking CONFIRMED.
Shelby is going to adopt Quinn and Puck's daughter.
The Theatricality episode didn't so much as foreshadow this as it framed it in neon flashing lights with a rock star soundtrack and a basebal bat. She admitted to Rachel that she can't have any more children
, and she admitted to Will that she just wanted her baby back, not the grown up daughter she now has
Brittany will sing in the Britney episode as her singing debut
Heather Morris has said that she HAS to sing Britney.
- Ryan Murphy confirmed this at the Comic-Con panel. Brittany will get to sing twice!
- Actually three times. A solo of Slave 4 U, a duet with Santana of Me Against the Music, and she gets some lines in Toxic.
Quinn is going back to her old ways in the second season
In the first episode of the second season, Quinn betrays Santana to get back in the Cheerios (and as captain, at that). The betrayal is completely unprovoked on Santana's part, as they were hanging out as friends at the beginning of the same episode
, and was done just so Quinn could get what she wanted. A couple times they mention that she is not hormonal anymore. It's possible that her niceness towards the Glee club while she was carrying was nothing but her pregnancy hormones making her act unnaturally maternal. But now that the baby is out the picture, she's free to be the Alpha Bitch
- Confirmed, at least in part - She is back on the Cheerios and back to her conniving and plotting, but she isn't planning to quit Glee Club either, and she remains friends with the other members of the group save Rachel.
Quinn and Rachel will become friends (or at least frenemies) on season 2.
There was almost zero interaction between them on back 9, but that could possibly mean that Quinn had already warmed up to Rachel, not even bothering to insult her (not directly, at least) and even accompanying her with Mercedes when they went spying on Vocal Adrenaline. Then, in Britney/Brittany Quinn helped Rachel in her plan of "testing" Finn to see if he really loves her.
And it's been said that in the fourth episode, Duets, Finn and Rachel will throw the competition so Sam could win at a duet assignment. And who will Sam duet with? Quinn.
Of course, they could only do this to encourage Sam to stay on New Directions
since they need one more member so they are allowed to compete
. But hey, let's be positive they won't waste the great chemistry that Lea Michele and Dianna Agron have.
- In Duets when Quinn was running out on Sam, did she say she wanted to "talk to" or "torture" Rachel?
- There was a "frenemies" subplot in Season 2, leading up to Regionals, making this confirmed.
Vocal Adrenaline won't be at Regionals
Because they already lost
at their Sectionals. Without Jesse's charisma and Shelby's leadership they didn't have the push they needed to win and the fact that they're "soulless automatons" couldn't make up for all their razzle dazzle.
- Well, sort of. They weren't at Regionals, but it's implied that they were simply in a different regional this year and will be at Nationals.
There's going to be an episode about Kurt losing his virginity to Blaine, in an episode similar to The Power of Madonna, only this time it'll be Kurt/Blaine, Rachel/Finn and Will/Emma
Come on. You know they're gonna do it. (The writers, not the characters.) They won't be able to resist the opportunity to make a Call Back
- Call Back to "Sexy" too probably. Incidentally, The Power of Madonna was the 15th episode of season 1. Sexy was the 15th episode in season 2. Kurt loses his virginity in the 15th episode of season 3?
- Confirmed in S3 episode "The First Time". It turns out that Blaine is a virgin too, so they lose it to each other. And Rachel/Finn have sex for the first time, too.
Artie will date Brittany or Santana to make Tina jealous
She's dating a football player, the best way to get back at her would be by dating a Cheerio. Most likely Brittany, because she would be nicer and probably wouldn't notice if the relationship ended.
- Inverted! Brittany ends up dating Artie to make Santana jealous.
- Well, actually, Artie was initially in it for that reason, too, it was only later when he realized he genuinely liked Brittany.
The Warblers will lose at Regionals.
They are good singers, but against New Directions and Vocal Adrenaline, they won't place as runner-up.
The Warblers will lose at Regionals due to a Kurt/Blaine Duet
According to rumors, at least two of the judges are going to be somewhat conservative. Also, seeing as Blaine is already pushing the Warblers out of their comfort zone, and they need something big to win at Regionals, a duet seems like a nice way to go. However, they judge(s) will be insulted and the group'll lose.
- Semi-confirmed. One of the judges obviously didn't vote for them because they did their duet, whilst the other two didn't seem to care, plus what they did do, wasn't as good as what the McKinley kids sang.
Puck will get together with Lauren
She sort of saved his life, so he owes her that. Supposedly in an upcoming episode he's singing "Fat Bottom Girls" by Queen
- Seems to be going that way in Silly Love Songs
Brittany's last name is Spears
It will be revealed in the Britney Spears episode. She never uses her last name because it confuses people, which in turn confuses her.
- Confirmed, sort of. Brittany Susan Pierce=Brittany S. Pierce.
Santana and Karofsky will become friends.
Thanks to similarities in both personality and story.
- There are spoilers that talk about Karofsky slushing Santana so this seems rather unlikely. The two are most likely being used in a "contrast and compare"-storyline.
- Confirmed. Santana and Karofsky are each other's beards. Santana found out that Karofsky was gay, and arranged for them to date, they will be attending prom together.
- Actually not confirmed, they're not friends. Santana just blackmailed Karofsky to be each other's beard.
Sam will date Mercedes
Earlier in the season, Sam seemed to have body issues, maybe even a body-morphic disorder. He has also put his Adorkable
tendencies on the back burner so he wouldn't lose popularity (or at least hot chicks). Mercedes, a Big Beautiful Woman
with a bold personality, could teach him that no matter what, his body and personality is beautiful, and he shouldn't change it for anyone. Plus, it would avoid the Token Minority Couple
that would come if they casted a black guy to be Mercedes' boyfriend.
- Confirmed as of "New York", although we don't know how far this will go.
Sam is poor
Well, this being Glee (or TV for that matter), he might not be very poor, for our real life standards, but the song "Billionaire" might be a foreshadow. If he is gay, this has the added bonus to further take him away from the typical "gay stereotype".
- This is confirmed in Rumours. His father lost the job he got when the family moved to Ohio and they now live in a motel. Sam even sold his guitar to help out.
Sue's obsession with dethroning Will (and Glee club) will lead to her falling in love with him
- Will is a serious Chick Magnet and Sue is already dangerously obsessed with his life and his actions. All it takes is the right little push for her to fall in love with him and add her to his growing Unwanted Harem.
- Seriously, the way she treats him is like the schoolyard bully pulling on the pigtails of the girl he secretly likes.
- I think that the age difference is the only thing that stops the Foe Yay to be stronger among the fans.
- Never underestimate the power of crazy people with too much time on their hands.
- She's certainly one of the most important women in his life. At the very least, a crazy Wesley/Lilah-type hateship seems reasonable.
- Sue says she hates him because of his hair, now if he were to change his hairstyle, this could happen.
- She says that because she secretly loves his hair and keep insulting it to distract herself from how sexy he is.
- Confirmed like crazy if the Next Episode Spot after "Theatricality" isn't being extremely tricky. Although it's more like lust than love, as I would expect.
Sue will get a snarky little sidekick.
Its been proven that the two lackeys Sue has right now are not very useful. So, over the course of a season, she will have a mole join the Glee Club, act all cutesy and innocent, then by the end of the season her/his true motives will be revealed and he/she will join Sue to watch from the sidelines. Bonus points if its a family member.
- Sort-of confirmed, Becky is now Sue's sidekick, and Sue's influence is starting to show in her
Guesses on the character death from "Funeral:"
- April Rhodes
- Becky Jackson
- Sue's sister (Jean?)
- No one important. The Glee kids were hired to sing at the funeral. We may not even know the character who dies.
- Burt Hummel
- Carole Hudson
- Dave Karofsky
- Shelby or Beth
- All of the above are Jossed except for Jean Sylvester, who died of pneumonia.
Karofsky will force Santana to go to prom with him
I've heard a spoiler re: the Born This Way episode that Karofsky and Santana will go to prom. After last episode, I can't imagine Santana willingly choosing him as her prom date. So what I imagine will happen is that Karofsky will figure out in some way that Santana is a lesbian (maybe by overhearing one of her conversations on the topic with Brittany?) and will threaten to tell everyone and make her life a living hell if she doesn't go as his prom date. She's still somewhat concerned with what people will think and so she begrudgingly accepts.
- Actually, it's the other way around. Santana is Dangerously Genre Savvy enough to find out that Karofsky is gay. Karofsky would never have figured out that Santana is a lesbian; he's the Dumb Muscle bully type, he was never much into using his brain. Santana, the selfish bitch she is, uses Karofsky in order to become Prom Queen, so that Brittany will notice her and leave Artie. Karofsky has nothing to gain by bullying Santana, just Kurt.
- Which would make this jossed. (And Karofsky says he takes calculus in junior year, so that would make him sort of a Genius Bruiser).
Methods of having Kurt wield Sais.
Because Chris Colfer
has said that he would like them to appear in the show.
- Musical Number for "Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting".
- Dispraportionate Retribution caused by a break-up.
- Turns out they got used during "I'm the greatest star".
will become a more sympathetic character in future episodes.
The show has a pattern of introducing characters as major Jerkasses
and then softening them up later in the season by giving us reasons to sympathize with them. It's been working so far, so why mess with a good thing?
- Confirmed by, well, pretty much all the episodes since Sectionals. She's also getting both Artie and Rory as competing love interests in the Valentine's Day episode.
One day, they will get through a rendition of "You're The One That I Want".
We've only gotten about thirty seconds of it, twice, between Finn and Rachel. When they finally get their act together and hook up, we will get an all-in cover, Musicalis Interruptus
- That's what's going to win them Nationals.
- The Nationals part is jossed, but they did make it through the whole thing, fittingly, in "Glease". They even had a callback to the first time they performed it.
Kate is Unique
Related to the WMG about Kate being a guy, we now know that she's also a member of the New Directions. The way she stuck up for Unique in their online chats could have been Unique trying to make Ryder realize that he was wrong, despite her anger at him. And it would even explain Kate's comment about being too shy to talk to him in person, since Wade is a serious Shrinking Violet
when not in his Unique persona.
- Seemingly Jossed in Shooting Star; Ryder rules out Unique because her ringtone is Bootylicious.
- Confirmed in "All or Nothing."
Finn will be killed off-screen
Making it The Character Died with Him
- Confirmed, although the manner of death isn't stated.