Video Game: Thingio
"It must be my arch nemesis, Doofliss!"Let's Go! Thingio! is a Super Mario Bros. fangame made by Tech Wing. While other fangames clone SMB3, Thingio does something...well, different. There's no in-depth plot, instead focusing mainly on Surreal Humor and Non-Sequiturs.Download it here (some searching may be required).
This game provides examples of:
- All Just a Dream: The first couple sections of the game.
- Boss Rush: The latter portion of the game has you fighting assorted bosses in Wart's tournament, including "The Invincible Tubba Wario".
- Breaking the Fourth Wall:Geno: And you two will do the de rigueur pauperizing of the fourth wall! Right?
Mario: This is a game for all ages, don't go saying those nasty words!
- Calling Your Attacks: Doofliss, if you count "BARF!".
- Cement Shoes: Mario gets this treatment when he and the Rub Rabbits Leader ask Captain Falcon for a boat. This is treated as an "UPGRADE GET!"
- Establishing Character Moment: For the game as a whole. It's plenty surreal and bizarre already, but one early portion suddenly cuts to you snowboarding down a hill as Scrooge McDuck dodging ridiculous obstacles before finally running over your nephews. And it is never brought up, referenced, or anything ever again.
- Gratuitous Foreign Language:Old Man: ME NO HABLO ENGLAS
- Humongous Mecha: Mecha Mario Gozirra Kun.
- Intentional Engrish for Funny: "Oh Noes! Teh city are on fiar!"
- Non Sequitur: Lots of them.Mario: What's that got to do with anything? The battle, the quiz, the TREE, I mean come on! It's madness!
- Portmanteau: Miyamotorboat (Miyamoto + Motorboat).
- Random Events Plot
- Spy Speak:Falco: The eagle has landed, the cow jumped over the toaster, and I believe you have my stapler.
Captain Falcon: WHADAMATTER WIT YOU?! COMIN' IN HERE AND GIVING ME THAT CODE STUFF! IF YOU DUN SHADDAPPA YOUR FACE AND TELLS ME THAT AGAIN IN ENGLISH, YOUS BE GETIN' WHACKED MORE DEN DAT WHACKA THING AT A HAMMAH CONVENTION! YOU GOT ME?!?!
Falco: O-o-o-okay, b-boss! T-the people at Canaan C-city you spoke of w-won't be a bother now.
Captain Falcon: Yeah, now dat's wat I like to hear. Do somethin' about that stutter though... Or I'll have ta mess ya up, capeesh?
- Sweat Drop: Geno when Mario suggests that they dance after an Escape Sequence, and Mario when Geno plans to enter him into the Subcon Triathlothon.
- Video Game Remake: Side A is being remade.
- What Could Have Been: The game was originally meant to be a RPG, and Frog from Chrono Trigger would've been a main character alongside the other three.