Video Game: Justice League Task Force
A Fighting Game for Sega Genesis and SNES that was released in 1995. The game was developed by Sunsoft and published by Acclaim. The SNES version was co-developed by Blizzard Entertainment and the Genesis version by Condor Inc. (later known as Blizzard North).The game features the Justice League, a team of superheroes who are fighting against the evil invader from space, Darkseid. The story was about Darkseid declaring war to Earth and destroying a military base in the process. After that, the Justice League goes to know about Darkseid's plans and find Evil Counterpart of themselves, which they have to fight to know the truth, as well Darkseid's Mooks Cheetah and Despero.The game was very loosely based on Justice League: Task Force comic books published by DC Comics between 1993 and 1996. If well the game was considered as the Jack-of-All-Stats of fighting games for these consoles, Task Force was considered the first DC fighting game title ever.See also Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe and Injustice: Gods Among Us, the next Justice League fighting game titles after more than 10 years of Task Force.
List of fighters in the game:
- Wonder Woman
- The Flash
- Green Arrow
- Cheetah (Sub Boss)
- Despero (Sub Boss)
- Darkseid (Big Bad/The Boss of the game)
This game provides examples of:
- '90s Hair: Superman and Aquaman, as the fashion of that time.
- Action Girl: Wonder Woman
- Adaptational Wimp: Superman, Wonder Woman and other super-powered heroes go toe-to-toe with the likes of Green Arrow and Batman with straight punches as if they are all equally strong.
- Big Bad: Darkseid.
- Bad-Guy Bar: Despero's stage.
- Covers Always Lie: Only shown a drawing of JL heroes from comics, with a cover with more action than the game itself.
- Doppelgänger: The player chooses one JL member and then he/she has to fight against other JL members, just to discover they are Evil Counterpart of them.
- Early Installment Weirdness: it's considered the first fighting game based on Justice League, but it was more like a Franchise Killer. The next fighting games featuring JL are Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe and Injustice: Gods Among Us, both made more than 10 years after this game.
- Evil Twin: Every of the JL members you fight against in the game.
- The Hero: Superman.
- Hollywood Science: The Flash can throw Mini-Tornadoes as his projectile attack which is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to do with just a simple swing of the arm. And to top it off, he can throw Mini-Tornadoes... IN SPACE!!
- Jack-of-All-Stats: Not just as a game, every character plays almost the same with very few differences.
- Licensed Game: Of DC's Justice League. And not a good one, sadly.
- Mirror Match: Considering all the superheroes are Evil Counterpart of them, this happens in the game.
- Mook: Cheetah and Despero.
- Reformulated Game: If well both versions have the same characters and stages, the game isn't the same for SNES and Genesis, in part because were different co-creators with Sunsoft.
- The Smurfette Principle: Wonder Woman for heroes and Cheetah for villains.
- Spinning Paper: The first scene of the game is one announcing Darkseid has declared war on Earth.
- Weapon of Choice: Batman has his batarangs, Wonder Woman has her Lasso of Truth and Aquaman has his golden trident.
- A Winner Is You: No matter which fighter you choose, the endings are all the same and not even worth to mention in this page.
- And that's for Story Mode, in Battle Mode there's just "Congratulations!" and that's all.
Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues UsefulNotes/Super Nintendo Entertainment System Kid Klown In Crazy Chase