It's good to be the shark.Jaws Unleashed
is a video game developed by Appaloosa Interactive and released on the Playstation 2
, based on the Jaws
film franchise. You get to play as the shark, who chomps its way through sealife, humans and their constructions.
A sequel Jaws: Ultimate Predator
was released in 2011 for the 3DS and Wii, while another, Jaws: Revenge
was released for mobile devices.
Examples in this game:
- Big Damn Heroes: When you destroy Michael Brody's boat, Craddock, the shark hunter employed by Environplus arrives on a helicopter to save him.
- Blood Is Squicker in Water: Things that you eat have more blood in them than it's possible.
- Cel Shading: The sequel is done in this style.
- Derelict Graveyard: There's a lagoon filled with sunken ships.
- Exploding Barrels: You can throw barrels to this effect.
- Eye Scream: You have to bite out the giant squids eyes during fight against it.
- Giant Squid: Story mission nine starts off fighting one.
- Gorn: The game contains large amounts of blood and gore. Guts spill out of people you bite, heads can be seen floating in the water, etc.
- Gotta Catch Them All: The tin cans and licence plates.
- Grievous Harm with a Body: You explode boats by throwing people at them.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: The fight with the killer whale ends with the shark biting it in half in midair.
- Harpoon Gun: Some divers will attack you with these.
- Horror Doesn't Settle for Simple Tuesday: Once again, Amity is celebrating Fourth of July.
- Hyperactive Metabolism: You regain health by eating anything living in sight.
- Jaws First Person Perspective: The Shark Vision.
- Made of Explodium: Any machine that you destroy.
- Natural Weapon: Naturally. You can smash objects with your tail or bite with your teeth.
- No One Could Survive That: When the Environplus' underwater facility explodes, the shark is assumed to be dead.
- Piranha Problem: You'll have to face them as the shark in the aquarium stages.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: While you do face alligators in Unleashed, in Ultimate Predator you get to face aquatic dinosaurs and a giant crocodile.
- Sea Mine: You have navigate through these in the seventh story mission.
- Shark Tunnel: You get to destroy these in the second story mission.
- Spin Attack: One of the unlockable special moves.
- Stock Subtitle
- Threatening Shark
- Under the Sea: Enforced by the fact that the player character is a fish.
- Underwater Base: You destroy one during the ninth story mission.
- Underwater Boss Battle: The fights against orca and the giant squid.
- Video Game Cruelty Potential: Where do we begin?
- You can rip apart men, women and children alike, attacking them as they scream bloody murder.
- You can rip apart other aquatic life, while they try their damndest to get away.
- You can throw people back on the beach and watch them explode in a bloody mist.
- Villain Protagonist: The sharks tend to be the Big Bads of the films.
- Wide Open Sandbox: The whole ocean is your playground.
- Window Pain: Plenty of sturdy glass panes shatter before you.