This time there's no escape!Jaws is a NES game from the year 1987, based on the Jaws franchise, mostly on the fourth film. It was released by LJN Toys and developed by Westone, better known for their work on the Wonder Boy series.Your main goal is to kill the giant shark. To accomplish this, you sail between two ports with your boat. Most of the gameplay feature you being drafted into underwater segments where you harpoon your way out of attacking jellyfish, stingrays and sharks and collect stuff from them. Occasionally, you are attacked by the giant shark itself. You gradually become stronger as you travel in the sea, and when reach your limit you are able to finish the giant shark for good.
- 1-Up: Received every time you score 30000 points.
- Antagonist Title: The shark's name is Jaws, the game's name is Jaws. Thus, the game is named after the shark.
- Bonus Stage: If you kill enough sharks, you'll get to play a stage where you have to fly a plane and bombard jellyfish with depth charges, Galaga style.
- Cool Boat: You sometimes find a submarine, which contains extra firepower.
- Harpoon Gun: Player character's Weapon of Choice.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Last phase involves you impaling the shark, similarly to its fate in Jaws: The Revenge.
- Lucky Charms Title: The shark replaces the "A" in in the game's titlescreen.
- One-Word Title: Just like the movie. It also becomes an Antagonist Title since the shark is referred to as Jaws in-game.
- Riding into the Sunset: The ending shows a plane flying into the sunset.
- RPG Elements: The game plays like an RPG grindquest; you travel between two towns, take part in random battles and use the points you receive to make yourself stronger.
- Scoring Points: You get points for harpooning fish.
- Threatening Shark: Aside from the obvious, you encounter smaller sharks in the underwater segments.
- Under the Sea: Majority of the gameplay is spend here.
- Underwater Boss Battle: Sans the final confrontation, the fights against the shark take place underwater.