Video Game / I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES 1NIT!!!1
A "Twin-Stick Sh00ter
" made by James Silva (best known for The Dishwasher
games), and sold on the Xbox Live Arcade
Indie Games Marketplace for a dollar (80 microsoft points). It is also available as "Z0MB1ES!!1 (on teh ph0ne)" for Windows Phone which includes a second game "Time Viking" and endless mode for $2.99.
This game provides examples of:
- Affectionate Parody: Of all the other shoot-em-ups and zombie-themed games on XBLA.
- Amazing Technicolor Battlefield: Multi colored lasers, flashing words on screen and spacy themed backgrounds, cool.
- Asteroids Monster: Which appear to be asteroids even.
- Awesome, but Impractical: The Laser and Rocket Launcher can kill several enemies in one hit, but their fire rate is pathetic. Don't bother.
- Bottomless Magazines: None of the weapons need reloading, and the basic machine gun has infinite ammo.
- Bullet Hell: The Geometry Wars bit.
- Blatant Lies: The Windows Phone port keeps the "It costs a dollar" lyric intact. $2.99 is the minimum price for Xbox Live enabled titles in the Marketplace. They included a second game, Time Viking]to make up for it.
- Continuing Is Painful: Slightly. You lose your current weapon and are stuck with the default. But you can only hold one special weapon at a time anyway, and they all have very finite ammo, so it really only means fighting your way to the next one is harder.
- Creator Cameo: The song is sung by Silva.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: The song is pretty much about how the guy made an XNA game with zombies in it that cost a dollar.
- Excuse Plot: It could be argued the game itself is an Excuse Game to carry the song.
- Expository Theme Tune
- Everything's Deader with Zombies
- Follow the Leader: Invoked. Mocks the recent trend of every developer needing to make a zombie game.
- Gainax Ending: Right the heck out of no where, you explode. There is no context to this and it feels completely out of place, making it fit this trope.
- Kill It with Fire
- Leet Speak
- More Dakka: The Heavy Machine Gun. Less range, but a whole load more shots.
- Mutually Exclusive Powerups: You can only carry one weapon at a time, but getting the same one twice gives you more ammo.
- Post Modern
- Shout-Out: There are sections based on Snake, Asteroids and Geometry Wars.
- Timed Mission: The game lasts 13 plus minutes, the length of the title song.
- Title Scream: during the gameplay music.
- Videogame Flamethrowers Suck