's own Massive Multiplayer Intercontinuity Crossover
, originally developed by Sega's AM2 development team as a Cross Over
between Virtua Fighter 2
and the first Fighting Vipers
The characters roster is the following:
- Virtua Fighter: Akira, Lau, Pai, Wolf, Kage-Maru, Jeffery, Sarah, Jacky, Shun, Lion, Dural, Kid Akira and Kid Sarah.
- Fighting Vipers: Bahn, Grace, Sanman, Honey, Jane. Raxel, Tokio, Sanman, Picky, Mahler, B. M. and Kumachan.
- From other games: Janet, Rent-A-Hero, Bean and Bark and Hornet.
- Introduced in this game: URA Bahn, Siba, Deku, Mr. Meat and Palm Tree.
All the stages and characters from both games were included as well. Some of the changes included the Virtua Fighter 2
stages no longer being rings, the Virtua Fighter 2
characters's movesets updated with moves from Virtua Fighter 3
, and the Fighting Vipers
characters given new moves (even if their armor can still be broken)
As crazy as this game and it's roster was, it was great because it was 100% grade A guilty pleasure
See also Sega Superstars
, a later Sega crossover series. Compare with DreamMix TV World Fighters
, another over-looked 3D fighting game with wacky characters.
This game provide examples of:
- Anime Hair: Akira and Jacky.
- Ass Kicks You: Honey and Sanman.
- Button Mashing: Bean's cheap peck of death.
- Canon Foreigner: Deku, Mr. Meat and URA Bahn.
- Car Fu: Hornet, literally!
- Chef of Iron: Lau.
- Chrome Champion: Dural.
- Clothing Damage: Breakable armor on the Vipers, Deku, Hornet, Janet, Rent-A-Hero, and Mr. Meat.
- The Computer Is a Cheating Bastard
- Cross Over
- Development Gag: Siba was a prototype Virtua Fighter character removed by the time of the game's initial release.
- Ditto Fighter: Dural.
- Drunken Boxing: Shun.
- Drunken Master: Shun.
- Facial Markings: Wolf.
- Hot-Blooded: Akira.
- Joke Character: The only thing Hornet has going for it is that it's armored like the Vipers.
- Lethal Joke Character: Deku, Bean and Kumachan.
- Marth Debuted in Smash Bros.: Rent-A-Hero was originally from a Japan-only Mega Drive game of the same name.
- Mighty Glacier: Wolf, Jeffery and Sanman.
- Ninja: Kage-Maru.
- Noblewoman's Laugh: Sarah.
- Old Master: Lau and Shun.
- Stripperiffic: Grace and Honey wear next to nothing when their armor breaks off.
- Super-Deformed: Kid Akira and Kid Sarah.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: Janet, who has many moves from Virtua Fighter 3's Aoi Umenokouji.
- Victory Pose
- The Voiceless: Dural.
- Wrestler in All of Us: Wolf.