Video Game / Fighters Megamix
's own Massive Multiplayer Intercontinuity Crossover
, originally developed by Sega's AM2 development team as a Crossover
between Virtua Fighter 2
and the first Fighting Vipers
The characters roster is the following:
- Virtua Fighter: Akira, Lau, Pai, Wolf, Kage-Maru, Jeffery, Sarah, Jacky, Shun, Lion, Dural, Kid Akira and Kid Sarah.
- Fighting Vipers: Bahn, Grace, Sanman, Honey, Jane. Raxel, Tokio, Sanman, Picky, Mahler, B. M. and Kumachan.
- From other games: Janet, Rent A Hero, Bean and Bark and Hornet.
- Introduced in this game: URA Bahn, Siba, Deku, Mr. Meat and Palm Tree.
All the stages and characters from both games were included as well. Some of the changes included the Virtua Fighter 2
stages no longer being rings, the Virtua Fighter 2
characters's movesets updated with moves from Virtua Fighter 3
, the Dodge mechanic introduced in that game being implemented for all characters, and the Fighting Vipers
characters given new moves (even if their armor can still be broken).
As crazy as this game and it's roster was, it was great because it was 100% grade A guilty pleasure
See also Sega Superstars
, a later Sega crossover series. Compare with DreamMix TV World Fighters
, another over-looked 3D fighting game with wacky characters.
This game provide examples of:
- Anime Hair: Akira and Jacky.
- Ass Kicks You: Honey and Sanman.
- Bowdlerise: The Japanese version features unlockable Fanservice art that was replaced with new art in other regions.
- A pinup of Honey/Candy wearing none of her armor and skirt, titled "A Taste of Honey", was removed from the U.S. version but retained in the PAL version.
- A picture of Tokio posing with his chest exposed was removed as well.
- A hidden minigame rewarded players with three images of Janet, wearing less armor and clothes each time. She's clearly not wearing a bra.
- Button Mashing: Bean's cheap peck of death. The entire minigame was removed outside Japan.
- Canon Foreigner: Deku, Mr. Meat and URA Bahn.
- Car Fu: Hornet, literally!
- Chef of Iron: Lau.
- Chrome Champion: Dural.
- Clothing Damage: Breakable armor on the Vipers, Deku, Hornet, Janet, Rent A Hero, and Mr. Meat.
- The Computer Is a Cheating Bastard
- Joke Character: The only thing Hornet has going for it is that it's armored like the Vipers.
- Moveset Clone: And how. Most of the new characters have their moves taken from the Vipers. Hornet uses Bahn's moveset when his "armor" is removed, Rent-A-Hero has Tokio's moveset when powered up, while Deku, Mr. Meat, the AM2 Palm Tree, and Kumachan have Sanman's moveset. As mentioned below, Janet also carries Aoi's moveset from VF3.
- Stripperiffic: Grace and Honey wear next to nothing when their armor breaks off.