Fable franchise, created by Lionhead Studios and released for the Xbox 360 Kinect in 2012.Decades after the events of Fable III, we find ourselves following the exploits of a young Dweller named Gabriel. During a storm he finds himself separated from his convoy and forced to take a longer route home by himself. Early in his journey he encounters a Blind Seer injured on the road being pursued by an evil entity.Deciding to rescue her, and narrowly escaping her persuer, he learns that her name is Theresa. She reveals she is on a quest to defeat the monster's master, an Eldritch Abomination known as The Corrupter. Soon Gabriel finds himself on a journey to save all of Albion with only his horse, Seren, and Thersa to aid him.Due to being a Kinect-only title, the mechanics are of course a major departure in gameplay from the standard Action Adventure you'd normally expect from the Fable series. The game takes place from a First Person perspective whilst traveling across Albion in your carriage and engaging enemies on foot. The player utilizes various motion controlled magical powers in The Journey's combat and puzzle-solving. For more information on the characters that appear exclusively in this title, see the game's character pages.Needs Wiki Magic Love.
- A Boy and His X: Gabriel and his beloved horse, Seren
- And Now for Someone Completely Different: Rather than someone with heroes blood we have a new protagonist, Gabriel, who is chosen to become a hero rather than been born one.
- Anyone Can Die: Even series mainstay Theresa, seeing as this fight was her goal all along.
- Break the Cutie: Gabriel starts off as a simple Dweller who admires Heroes. Then he gets to become one. Fergus, the closest person to a father figure he has, is killed protecting him from the Devourer. He meets a cute girl, Betty, who then turns out to be the Temptress and tries to kill him through literal psychological warfare. He catches up with his tribe, and they've all been killed by Balverines, save for Katlan, who dies shortly after. They make it to the Spire, where he is forced to leave Seren, his last remaining friend, to die. Topping it all off is that he has to channel massive amounts of light through Theresa, which he knows will kill her, in order to stop the Corrupter from entering Albion.
- The Corruption: The Bigger Bad of much of the series, and the Big Bad of this game, The Corrupter.
- Eldritch Abomination: Just about all of the antagonists in this game count
- End of an Age / Dawn of an Era: The bloodline of heroes is no more. Theresa is now all that remains of those descended from the Archons of the old Kingdom. However, with the end of that age comes the hope of a new one - one where heroes are not born but made.
- Grand Finale: Seemingly, considering the lead up to these events.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Theresa, seeming really dead at Gabriel's hands to stop the Corrupter.
- Old Save Bonus: A few minor mentions of the Hero Of Brightwall from Fable III are present if you have an old save file. The most notable being their gender.
- Reluctant Hero: Gabriel is literally forced to take up the mantel of Hero, despite his frequent protests and fear that borders on cowardice. He slowly comes to accept the responsibility, however.
- Sequel Hook: It's implied that Gabriel will somehow bring about another age of heroes, seeing as now anyone can become a hero. Provided you have the determination that is. The next game will most likely have you play as one of the new breed of Hero.
- Scenery Porn: The game does not lack for beautiful views and landscapes.
- Stopped Numbering Sequels
- Take Up My Sword: Gabriel, blinded in the ending, takes up Theresa's blindfold.
- Videogame Caring Potential: While looking after Seren does yield some experience, most players will go above and beyond to look after her just because they feel like it.