(Ŕo lā xīng
), also known as AOLA, is a Chinese children's browser online game developed by Guangzhou Baitian Info Corporation (Also known for Aoqi Legend
) and releashed in 2010. The game is a mons MMORPG-like Adobe Flash browser game with educational elements and taking directly
in gameplay (along with its rivals.Aura Star
has three default types of heroes in which each can be played and customized. Players explore the constantly updating universe to undo the damage done by an evil organization called Daxter (Not that one
) Fleet, lead by Darst, and find space crystals obtained by finishing quest chains in each world. Later updates have a new story-line revolving on a fox-like creature named Kiki and the player journey with Kiki while facing the Red Devils. Players raise not only mons but also a creature called HELLO.
The game is officially released in China and Taiwan with a very strong playerbase and won few awards, but the game is pretty much unknown outside of these nations.
This game provides examples of:
- Animate Inanimate Object: Few mons count, ranging from an oven mon to a scarecrow mon.
- Animesque: Some character designs.
- Anti-Grinding: When a certain number of hours have passed, receiving experience from enemy mons gets halved, due to legal reasons in China.
- Big Bad: Darst, especially in older worlds.
- Bonus Boss: At the end of a dungeon, a very powerful boss can be battled. They're extremely dangerous opponents that can heal often, and can even do significant damage to mons that are many levels above its level!
- Bribing Your Way to Victory: The cash shop contains EXP multipliers, eggs of powerful mons, and is the only source of a catching ball that never fails.
- Com Mons: Subverted, many mons in the game have pretty standard base stats in their final forms, though some are overshadowed by others.
- Cute Is Evil: While Yezi Guai is usually not this, at one quest, two differently colored versions of them dressed as murderers appears in a quest as kidnappers.
- Eastern Zodiac: At every Chinese New Year, a new mon based on the animal of the year is added to the game.
- Fishing Mini Game: Has one in the City of Canals area.
- Gratuitous English: There are several times in which all-uppercase English has been used, often in exclamation.
- Green Aesop: It encourages this in official descriptions.
- Hopeless Boss Fight: There are various scripted bosses in quests in which the player can't kill.
- Level Ate: The ice cream world located at the hexagram-shaped universe.
- Loading Screen: The loading screens typically feature HELLO interacting the user's cursor. It has been duplicated in other similar games however.
- Lost Forever: There are some event mons that may not be available again.
- Mascot: HELLO, although Kiki is steadily replacing it.
- Mini-Game: There are dozens of them, giving out rewards like experience crystals and gold.
- No Biological Sex: Subversion, although mons are not given an identified gender, their appearance, description, and pronouns may explain their gender. Some certain mons are clearly genderless.
- Product Placement: The lemon, peach, and melon mons are only obtained by a promotion from the toothpaste brand Cnice.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: About every first form of every evolution line and sometimes their evolutions as well.
- Right Wing Militia Fanatic: Word of God states that Daxter Fleet is a militaristic criminal organization who threatens to abuse natural resources.
- Scenery Porn: The game is known for its flashy visuals.
- Sugar Bowl
- Twenty Minutes into the Future: The game is set twenty years after the current real-life time, according to updates and lore.
- Villain Pedigree: It appears that Daxter Fleet are appearing less on future updates and are being replaced by a group of demons called the Red Devils, who hunt down Kiki and friends.
- Virtual Paper Doll
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Darst and a few characters.