Works that feature Goemon:
open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- Lupin III has Goemon Ishikawa XIII, descendant of the real deal. In Lupin III: Dragon of Doom, Goemon is introduced watching the 400th anniversary of the Kabuki play about his ancestor. He cries.
- The Ambition of Oda Nobuna has Hachisuka Goemon, who is a Composite Character of several people, including Ishikawa.
- Yaiba features Goemon in all his characteristics: Ninja-like outfit, Kabuki face paint, huge hair, oversized Kiseru and at least one cover reference his "bath". This one, however, can use Fuuma Shuriken and can turn in a Bear man.
Live Action TV
Film - Live Action
- The assassination attempt on James Bond in You Only Live Twice was attributed to Goemon himself (note: said method, involving a rope and a bottle of poison, is shown in Yaiba too, seen above).
- A live action film simply titled Goemon stars a lanky and physics-defying version, with Lovable Rogue traits.
- Samurai Warriors features Goemon as a playable character, armed with a club and a ''cannon'' strapped to the back. Unlike his historical counterpart, he survives the boiling. He also has a relationship with Okuni the foundress of Kabuki. Portrayed by Hisao Egawa, who also voices Shimazu Yoshihiro and Cao Ren.
- Ganbare Goemon features a kiseru-wielding Goemon as the main character.
- Persona 5, Yusuke's Persona is named Goemon and shares his likeness.
- Puzzle & Dragons has Goemon as a Descended dungeon boss, where his first move can possibly kill you in one hit. One of the later Boss Rush dungeons has his Ultimate form, where he does this before you can even attack.
Works that reference Goemon:
- Itazura Na Kiss has a "Goemon bath" in Volume 7.
- Jiraiya in Naruto has a technique named "Senpo: Goemon" which involves blowing a stream of boiling-hot oil, a reference to the original's means of death.