Hello, humans. What was that? What are you suggesting? No, I'm not human. There's no way I'm that stupid.
To those who are wondering, yes, I am the same Zarian from the official server of a certain program. If you don't know which one, I won't tell you, but here's a hint
Anyway, I am a very humanoid being, and I pride myself on my wisdom and wit. I define wisdom as having a genuine desire to learn as much of the infinite knowledge within the world as possible within one lifetime, and being able to question even that which one takes most for granted. I define wit as the ability to sarcastically point out
the flaws of others' logic; yes, I am very sarcastic, almost to the point of being verbally sadistic.
These tropes apply pretty well in describing my existence:
- A Darker Me: Taken to extremes. I have a friend in real life who still refuses to believe it's the same person.
- Ambiguous Gender: Not in real life, but on the internet, most people assume my gender based on the style of username I tend to use. Most get it wrong, and don't even realize it since I don't bother correcting them.
- Asexuality: Yeah, don't even bother trying.
- Berserk Button: Several, such as:
- Deliberate, culpable ignorance. This one is pretty much the overarching factor for everything else that pisses me off. Oh yeah, that and the fear of change.
- Sexism, racism, homophobia...pretty much any irrational hatred along those lines.
- People who are so sure of themselves that they refuse to change their beliefs (or even admit they are wrong) when confronted with evidence.
- On that note, Complaining about Shows You Don't Watch.
- Deadpan Snarker: Much more so on the internet.
- Grammar Nazi: Minor example - while I hold myself to a very high standard in this regard, I don't try to enforce it upon others. I do, however, use it as an occasional source of snark.
- I Know Kung-Fu...but have (thankfully) never needed to use it.
- Kuudere: Both on and off the internet, though in a different way; on the internet I stick more to the "blunt and dismissive" bit, while off it's due more to my keeping to myself and retaining the cynicism and general lack of emotion.
- Mind Screw: I highly enjoy messing with people's heads.
- Surrounded by Idiots: If there's ever a situation in which you see me not feeling this way, I'm probably Brainwashed. Or something.
- The Quiet One: Very, very much. Offline, anyway.
- The Spock: You probably won't find a straighter example in Real Life anywhere.
These are works I appreciate:
Also, this page is still under construction. I'll probably add to it sometime later, upon becoming motivated to do it.