Describe me? Well, okay. I'm an immature envoy from distant lands, an extreme anime, gaming, and RP nerd. I contribute to TV Tropes
pages when I come up with stuff to contribute, and I also made the Fireball 20 XL
page and... pretty much wrote everything on it. I'm notable
for refusing to use the words This Troper or This Editor, instead referring to myself in the first person whenever I make a reference to myself on the site.
I come from the UK
, as you may be able to tell by my spelling. I love TV Tropes
because it's interesting, educational, helps me decide which game to play next or which anime to watch next (the Crowning Moment Of Awesome
pages especially help with that) and above all, it's just a REALLY good timewaster. Maybe a little TOO good...
Oh, and "Twilight Lord" is a name, not a title. It's the name of one of my RP characters, and it actually is his real name
. So shortening it to "Twilight" is fine. And by the way, I didn't get it from that horrible crime against fiction
, I had it long before that was ever invented. And no, you're not gonna know my real name
Shows examples of:
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander - I'm... more than a little weird. Most get creeped out by me.
- Deadpan Snarker - I can be this sometimes.
- Department of Redundancy Department - I don't actually do this, but I get annoyed at people who say things like "RPG game" and "PIN number". Role Playing Game game? Personal Identification Number number?
- Dude Looks Like a Lady - I'm proud of my feminine appearance. My eventual goal is to be completely androgynous, even though it might be difficult to achieve.
- Grammar Nazi - Oh, SO freaking much. I'm always correcting people when they get something wrong.
- Gratuitous Japanese - And pretty much every other language in existence. I pepper my sentences liberally with French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, German, Japanese and even Irish Gaelic words and phrases, both in Real Life and online. Specifically, I greet people in either Spanish or Italian, always. And recently, Finnish (living in Finland for a few years will do that) and Swedish have been added to the mix.
- Literal Split Personality: I become this online. My personality gets split up into several different "characters" that all take turns at saying things and even interact with each other on occasion. It's kind of half-roleplaying, half-DID.
- Malaproper - I do something like this, occasionally replacing one word with another if I can't remember the name for something. For example, when playing Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, I referred to the Anti-Attack Auras as AT Fields because I couldn't remember their original name. I still call them that even now.
- Talking to Himself - Even though the trope's about two different characters in the same show played by the same voice actor and not actually about talking to yourself, I don't know one that is and I do talk out loud to myself a LOT.
- The Quiet One - I often seem like this, but I can be quite talkative if someone gives me the right subjects (video games and anime are good ones to start with. With which to start.
- The Scrappy - I'm usually this when I'm in a group.
- Verbal Tic: "Saa..." has become this for me recently. I tend to start most of my sentences with it. I also say "But anyway" or "But yeah" way more than most people do.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair - I actually considering dying my hair dark green once.
- You Keep Using That Word - I originally called myself "the immature voyeur from distant lands" until I learned what voyeur really meant (I had been looking for a word that meant something like "traveller", I might have been thinking of "voyageur", which does mean "traveller" in French). Nowadays I use envoy, which is still kind of off (it means "messenger") but not as... inappropriate-sounding. For those of you who are clueless, "voyeur" (pronounced VWA-yurr) literally means "watcher" in French (from the verb voir, meaning to see) and it refers to someone who spies on people having sex.