Tropers: The Mustachioed One
Once upon a time, there was a guy. And he was bored as fuck. As someone who hangs out on the Internet more than he does anywhere else, he found TV Tropes
The rest is history
Not unlike most tropers, I enjoy video games and anime more than anything else, although I definitely lean more toward the former than the latter. I've been playing games since I was three, though that was only on my friend's N64. I can't quite remember if it was Super Mario 64
, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
, or PokÚmon Stadium
that was the first game I ever played, but it was certainly one of those, and may explain my fondness of platformers and RP Gs
. I only really started gaming seriously with Kingdom Hearts 2
, a game that despite its gaping flaws, I cannot properly critique due to planet sized Nostalgia Googles
; the game was the only thing that helped me combat loneliness when I was 10 years old, and it opened my mind to the whole medium.
But I have no qualms over critiquing anything else; one of my favorite hobbies is writing reviews and analysing games (which is partly what brought me here); I have almost the sexual fondness of tearing games apart and pointing out their flaws, if only to make himself feel better. This causes me to be a bit of a Caustic Critic
, although with some games it's certainly justified.
I really have no definite career ideas at the moment; I love doing humorous presentations for my classes, regardless of the seriousness of the subject matter
, and I do love reviewing things, so I always thought of being a reviewer of something or another. But despite that, I'm always told I have huge potential, and I honestly do think that I could end up being some major politician or lawyer
, but it's still a bit early to decide on that sort of thing.
I use this
blog to review games; I haven't done much yet, but I plan on revamping that generic design soon and remodeling it to something more to my liking.
Games I've Reviewed So Far:
I promise not to overload on the badass tropes:
- Accidental Public Confession: Invoked. When I do my presentations, as some sort of joke, I do this, but of course, being scripted, it was completely intentional on my part, and is usually a lie. Still, the audience doesn't realize it until they're done laughing. Usually followed by some variation of Please Disregard That Statement.
- Allergic to Routine: And how. As much as possible, I try to avoid falling into a rut, and I refuse to create an actual schedule for myself, despite constant insistence from various superiors.
- Always Someone Better: Even on a scale as small as a school or college, no matter how much I excel at a certain subject and lauded as a genius of that area, there always seems to be one motherfucker who upstages me. Averted, now, though, as my presentation skills, both in terms of set-up and speech abilities, have become known as uncomparable.
- Animals Hate Him: And I wish I knew why. Every cat or dog I pass by on the street seems to want to chew on my neck, and I end up running away from them like some sort of ninny. I've taken to taking any measures to avoiding them, even if it means taking a much, much longer path.
- Badass Moustache: You did read my username, right?
- Cannot Spit It Out: Hooboy, of all of my flaws, this is the one that screws me over more than anything else.
- The Cynic: Usually not in real life, but when I do my presentations, this is usually the stance I take. Oddly enough, it's a huge reason as to why everyone likes them. It may be because everyone else is willing only to present the facts and nothing else.
- Dramatic Pause: A staple of my presentations, I usually do this... only to follow it with something either completely irrelevant, or to allow the audience to get a good look at the visual, which always corresponds to what I'm saying.
- Gentleman Snarker: I'm always polite to people I know, regardless of how close we are... but than I take a stab at them when they least expect it, usually because they said something incredibly stupid. Never done maliciously, and it usually ends with the target laughing. Of course, I'm more likely to be the target than anyone else.
- Large Ham: The other reason everyone enjoys my presentations.*Jerkass Fašade: I have a bit of a habit to put one up with strangers, just so they understand that I refuse to let them mess with me until I know them better. When with people I know, though, that definitely isn't the case.
- Mysterious Past: I just arrived in America, so this was inevitable. I'm not helping much, not because I think mysetrious is cool, but because my Back Story is actually a complete clusterfuck, and I don't feel like I need to waste anyone's time explaining it.
- Nerds Are Virgins: And always will be, at this rate.
- Nice Guy: To the point where several people have asked me just how effeminate I am. I take a moment to deliver a "The Reason You Suck" Speech to the asker, only for them to sulk away. But really, combined with my near constant snark and Large Ham tendencies, only people really close to me would know just how concerned I am for everyone's well-being; I'd rather cut my arm off than see someone suffering from sadness of depression and have myself not do anything about it.
- Self-Deprecation: Played for Laughs, and really, it's something I do almost constantly. People who don't know me very well ask if I suffer from some sort of depression when I'm on a roll. I'm not, of course. Usually.
- Silence Is Golden: When my friends are having a conversation regarding something I never heard about, I keep my mouth shut... save for a snark or two.
- Sustained Misunderstanding: Always invoked, because sometimes I feel like pissing someone off.