" I'll figure it out, I always
Paradoxial Stratagem's most common form.
Troperwall Experiment is now Live: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Troperwall/ParadoxialStratagem
Disregard that statement above, for it is only partially accurate and allow me to shed some light on the subject. I'm assuming that you the reader must have stumbled onto this link by accident and certainly weren't actually curious enough to try and intentionally know more about me. I'm a somewhat mysterious troper and I've been around this site longer than what my statistics will tell you. I have a tendency to give a helping hand to those pages that are...less than satisfactory in terms of grammatical accuracy. I am an 18-year-old (For the moment) Caucasian male American whose name is [REDACTED]. My favorite color is green, my hobbies include video games, reading books, playing video games about reading books, and reading books about video games. I also have a fixation with capsaicin and am a bit of an audiophile when it comes to music. Keep in mind that this profile is not...permanent. More information may or may not be added depending on a combination of factors such as how comfortable I am with adding more information.
Philosophy: Realistic Optimist
Specializes in: Sciences such as chemistry and biology with some physics and various different video games.
Did I also mention that I know how to play some keyboard and guitar? I also know some martial-arts and am becoming familiarized with the basics of programming.
Positive traits: Can learn quickly, supports an Egalitarian view of Gender Equality, Honest, Tries to be kind, loyal to true friends, does not give up on things perceived to be important, tolerant of many controversial states of being. Gives nothing but best effort on important things.
Flaws: Tends to be self-loathing, not very good with patience. Does not make friends easily. Romantically Ignorant. Does not handle high levels of stress well.
('Still in Progress')
- Fuzion Frenzy
- Several ninja edits here and there.
- Reviews of Vexx and Kappa Mikey.
Tropes that Apply to this Troper
- Arc Words: "I'll figure it out, I always do!"
- The Anti-Nihilist: Despite all the challenges, shortcomings and flaws of the world I still strive to improve it for the next generation.
- Apologizes a Lot: I end up apologizing for more than I need to frequently. I apologize for apologizing so profusely, I'm sorry I wasted your time, and I'm sorry that this even had to happen.
- Bad Liar: The best I can pull off are half-truths. Any real lie will cause me to start laughing at myself for it. Can be done deliberately for humor.
- Berserk Button: Due to my calm and collected nature, it takes a lot to trigger what few berserk buttons I have. If you know what's good for you, DO NOT excessively instigate me or any of my close, few friends in combat. I will do WHATEVER IT TAKES to make sure you lose and I win.
- Beware the Nice Ones/ Good Is Not Nice: I am usually not hostile, however my brutal honesty is something to fear if you truly deserve it. Plus I'm nothing close to weak, don't ever mistake me for being weak.
- Brown Eyes: And man I wish they weren't....
- Brutal Honesty: I'd rather be known as honest but blunt instead of deceitful yet nice.
- Comically Serious: Most notably in any situation that involves NSFW humor, either giving faces that express disdain or confusion.
- The Determinator: I do not give up easily. I seem to have this defiance to failure.
- Disapproving Look: A common indicator that I'm not amused. The alternatives are much worse.
- Everybody Hates Math: Averted. I'm actually getting better at it, and am developing a fondness for it.
- The Faceless: My real life form is this, at least that's all you need to know.
- The Fatalist: I believe that free-will is but a mere illusion...yet it's worth preserving.
- Gentleman and a Scholar: It's what I strive to work on every day of my life.
- Good Is Not Dumb: I may have insecurities of my worth at times, but I can prove I'm no idiot.
- Guilt Complex: If there's any group project that goes wrong (rarely does), any mistake made...I always blame myself...and I'm usually right.
- Hates Being Touched: Averted for very few people. Normally I'm just not comfortable with it for some reason.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Does this a little too much.
- His Own Worst Enemy: Not as bad as it used to be though. I'm my harshest critic, even more so than most people would normally be.
- Insecure Love Interest: Subverted, as in there's nothing to be interested in or love.
- My Country, Right or Wrong: To an extent, even though my nation has its flaws and mistakes, I accept it for what it is AND THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!
- Neutral Good: I do what is right not because I'm ordered or compelled to, but because I want to. I don't need some unnecessary doctrine with superfluous, and often times false, definitions of right and wrong.
- Pragmatic Hero: Although I'm not really a hero or villain in Real Life, my intentions are for the greater good and I'll do WHATEVER IT TAKES.
- Proud to Be a Geek: And don't you forget it!
- Playing Against Type: In reality I'm quite a calm-mannered, emotionally-restricted character. In fiction, I tend to portray a BOISTEROUS, ALL-CAP ABUSING, ULTRA-MASCULINE EMBODIMENT OF BADASSERY RESPONSIBLE FOR MORE PROPERTY DAMAGE, EXPLOSIONS, ACTS OF SPONTANEOUS COMBUSTION AND SHEER AWESOMENESS!
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: I tend to do this unconsciously, but I'm not as bad I used to be.
- Sophisticated as Hell: I'm the only person I know who enjoys good chats about philosophy, science-fiction and spiritualism, yet also enjoys weird internet humor and sometimes acting insane.
- Stoic: Downplayed, my emotions are restrained but they're still existent...in small amounts.
- Not So Stoic: If you're a good friend of mine, I tend to reduce the amount of restrictions I place on my emoting.
- Think Nothing of It: My attitude towards people; especially female, if I do a favor or something nice.
- The Spook: Tends to come off this way...unless you get to know me.
- Token Single Guy: A member of a trope that the community just seems GREATLY opposed towards acknowledging the existence of. In any setting where couples are prominent, I'm the odd one out.
- Verbal Tic: Oh where do I begin? Somehow the words "Somehow, seems, personally, honestly" and various qualifiers end up repeating in my vocabulary.
- My unrestrained form tends to use the term BADASS, frequently interchanging it between being an adjective and a noun.
- What Is This Thing You Call Love?? : I still can't seem to quite figure out the math...I keep getting domain errors.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: Or to be more accurate, know all four forms of said concept. I'm completely ignorant of deep affection and hope to be enlightened one day.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender AND Legend of Korra
- Code Lyoko
- Danny Phantom
- Invader Zim
- Kappa Mikey
- Megas XLR
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Teen Titans (BEFORE THE GO! Spinoff!)
Favorite Book Series
- Among The Hidden
- The City of Ember
- Ender's Game
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- The Tripod Trilogy
Favorite Comic Strips
Tropes I Strongly Dislike
- All Men Are Perverts: Can't tell what's worse, the fact that the media makes it seem like all men NEED to be perverted in order to be considered worthy of having their existence acknowledged by women or the fact that it makes men look like they have about as much depth as a piece of paper.
- Chainmail Bikini: I could think of so many ways to exploit the obvious flaws of that pathetic excuse perverted men (and yes even women) call "armor."
- Double Standard: Most of them are fallacious and otherwise useless in reality.
- Human Aliens: Horribly unoriginal under most cases unless they happen to be humans that lived on another planet that just call themselves another name due to a different language.
- Men Are the Expendable Gender: As a person who believes that all humans male or female are created equal, this trope offends me deeply.
- Sex Equals Love: Ever heard of a rapist?
- Science Is Bad: Oh it's SOOOOO evil, having all these technological innovations that also make life not only more convenient but have revolutionized mankind for the better / sarcasm.
The Dossier of Recommended Tropers AKA The Awesome List