Sober in this pic, believe it or not
How does Nitramy the troper describe himself?
For one thing, he's proud to be a troper (if we go by the definition that a troper is someone who, upon seeing something that has happened in his/her life, immediately finds a parallel or opposite in something he or she watched, played, and/or read). He's also an unabashed shoujo-ai and yuri fanboy
, but has a strange fascination with traps
, because he has a very, very girly telephone voice
. He can't count the number of times he got call center agents to call him ma'am
on account of it. To his recollection, no one has ever
addressed him as "sir" whenever he called up any number that connected you to a call center agent, and even worse, whenever he answers the phone... or calls someone.
He styles himself as an UMBRELLA THAT SMITES EVIL
, based on a small incident where he actually smote down someone evil with an umbrella. (Come to think of it, my evil-smiting-with-umbrella skills weren't that good back in the day. Boy, oh boy, did it come back to bite me in the ass somewhere down the line.)
On the gaming front, he still wields a mean Felicia
as a distant third) playing Darkstalkers
at home, awaits challengers in the arcade, and is striving to get ever more skillful after finding out that UMEHARA freaking DAIGO
also has Jedah as a probable sub-main or main character. (While Jedah is the Darkstalkers character I like most, I end up winning more versus games using Felicia.)
Check out his Fanfiction.net
- Favorite video game character: Ibis Douglas from Super Robot Wars. Because Ibis is LOVE.
- Favorite video game/s: Dance Dance Revolution, with Grand Chase and Super Robot Wars tying for close second, and Ragnarok Online as third.
- Favorite anime series: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Who the hell do you think he is? Also After War Gundam X, Mobile Fighter G Gundam, Initial D, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, Mojacko (started that page), Gundam Build Fighters, among others.
- Favorite manga: Kamen Rider SPIRITS, Change 123, Virgin Night, My Lovely Ghost Kana and Ai-Ren (also started that page).
- Favorite books: Shibumi (Nicholai Hel is a Badass of the highest order), The Eiger Sanction, Ghost
- Favorite doujinshi: The "Akiko-san to Issho" series by Mitarashi Club, "Girl of the Dusk" by gensoukoumuten, "End of the Maiden's Illusion" by Kamereon, and "My Neighbor Wakui-san" by Shiden Akira of Mega Milk fame.
Regular Contributor to:
(You're more likely to see me do a little editing and addition to already-established entries rather than make some of my own up.)
Written works and other things:
- Naruto: Arcane Heart, a Naruto, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and Grand Chase crossover. Currently planning a rewrite of earlier chapters if I somehow manage to snag a beta reader.
- The sequel is up, by the way. Here is the link.
- Various citrus fanfics under the alias Linux Black Sarena, mostly featuring Banpresto Originals. It's also his /m/ handle. (If you notice that I actually created the Ai-Ren trope page, you'll know what to expect from these...)
- He actually misspelled that name once, but since then, he's adopted it, misspelling and all.
- A Zero no Tsukaima and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann crossover called From Zero to Infinity.
- He is also GM of the following quest threads on Spacebattles:
- Hollow Quest, a play-by-post game that chronicles the life and times of a certain overpowered Claymore after her death, and the misadventures she gets into.
- Defying Fate: Neji Quest, where you are Hyuuga Neji - if Hyuuga Neji was the reincarnation of THE UNDEFEATED OF THE EAST, WEST, SOUTH, NORTH, AND CENTER - SUPER ASIA. Scenery will be devoured, cows will be milked, ham for the ham god, cheese for the cheese throne, in the name of the School of the Undefeated of the East.
- Ronald Weasley Quest, where Ronald is the reincarnation of known dragon-attuned planeswalker Sarkhan Vol.
The following tropes apply to Nitramy:
- Adult Child (has above-average IQ but nearly jack squat for EQ)
- Arch-Enemy (the recipient of said umbrella-smiting)
- Audience Monologue (even without an audience!)
- Berserk Button (mention Gundam SEED Destiny even slightly favorably and he'll go into a frothing rage and deliver a No-Holds Barred Verbal Beatdown about how it's nothing more than a self-insert fanfic funded by Bandai)
- Brilliant, but Lazy (very lazy)
- Brought Down to Normal (Curse you, batch 1998!)
- Child Prodigy (which later turned into...)
- Chivalrous Pervert (can't exercise it because his EQ sucks, vents by writing Lemon fanfic)
- Cool Teacher (tries to be this)
- Crossdressing Voices (drops Bridgets whenever he uses or answers the phone with alarming regularity)
- Crowning Moment Of Awesome (running on fumes and generally apathetic about the whole thing, ends up winning the 26th National Super Quiz Bee's College Division preliminary 4 days after his Heroic BSOD below and the whole thing barely 5 weeks after that)
- Deadpan Snarker (Has been warned that his pinpoint use of sarcasm can emotionally wound and deeply scar others, is currently working on managing it.)
- Eloquent In My Native Tongue (inverted, learned English first and is thus more proficient at it than Filipino)
- Grammar Nazi (he's an English and Maths teacher; it's practically required)
- Heroic BSOD / Villainous Breakdown (Your Mileage May Vary): (...Saturday, October 22, 2005... it was sometime in the afternoon...)
- Hikikomori (Not anymore!)
- Hot-Blooded (during his passionate states)
- I Just Want to Be Normal (during his depressed states)
- Loners Are Freaks
- Older than They Look (Only after a shave, though.)
- Parasol of Pain (I AM THE UMBRELLA THAT SMITES- okay, I'll stop now.)
- Perma Stubble (this is more prevalent)
- Sensei-chan (considers himself young at heart)
- Surprisingly Good English (See Eloquent In My Native Tongue and Grammar Nazi above.)
- TV Genius
Post greetings, queries, and anything you might have in mind addressed towards this troper below, and he'll get back to you.... as soon as he can.
: and here is where I say that your compliments inspired me to make a full entry for Tanaka Yutaka
- I cannot pass the chance to give a salute to the guy who punished the evil with an Umbrella xD! Waiting for Cypha's demise at the hands of Naruto xD
The Poke it With a Stick
: I come bringing a Gift from the Culture.
First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for me,
and there was no one left to speak out for me.