Video Game: Rising Zan: The Samurai Gunman
Rising Zan: The Samurai Gunman is an action-adventure game developed by UEP Systems and published by Agetec for the Sony Playstation in 1999.Judging by its title, it's Exactly What It Says on the Tin: a Samurai Cowboy who tames the Wild West with both samurai and gunslinger skills.
This video game contains the following tropes:
- Abnormal Ammo: Zan's revolver may look slightly larger than normal, but can apparently load shotgun shells and missiles.
- Attack Deflector: With good timing, Zan can backhand some fireballs back to the source.
- BFS: When using Hustle Time, Zan's sword grows larger.
- Button Mashing: Has it in spades: the "All Button Events" and the Finishing Move after every boss fight.
- Cattle Punk
- (Super Ultra Sexy) Combos
- Everything's Better with Spinning: Two of Zan's special moves involve a spinning katana slash.
- Expository Theme Tune: "Rising Zan, Samurai Gunman!"
- Finishing Move: Each time you defeat a boss. The more points through combos you gain, the better Zan's final attack will be.
- Giant Hands of Doom: Stage 2's All Button Event
- Highly-Visible Ninja: Most of the mooks you face.
- Limit Break: Whoah... HUSTLE TIME!
- Me's a Crowd: Zan splits into three when finishing off bosses.
- More Dakka: Zan's gun special move.
- Rank Inflation: From Chicken all the way to Super Ultra Sexy Hero.
- Revolvers Are Just Better
- Rule of Cool: Oh, damn yeah.
- Samurai Cowboy: Of course.
- That Man Is Dead: "Rising Zan, Johnny no more!"
- Theme Music Power-Up: The game's opening theme plays when you're finishing off bosses... giving you that perfect high when Zan slices through his opponent just as you hear "Rising Zan... YEAH! Johnny no... more!".
- Trademark Favorite Food: Sushi
- Widget Series