Fiery Red Head
software engineer that likes to obsess over things - more often than not, nowadays, it's The Elder Scrolls
, as she moderates a forum and helps with a wiki for it.
Pages I have contributed significantly to:
This troper provides examples of:
- Adjusting Your Glasses: Type 2.
- American Accents: Upper Midwest accent.
- Big Eater
- Blind Without 'Em
- Born Lucky: Tends to win a lot of raffles and drawings, even when entering with only one ticket.
- Brick Break: Injured her hand the first time she tried breaking a board in karate.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Ridiculous Procrastinator
- Country Mouse
- Dreadful Musician: Good at instruments, but a terrible singer and she knows it.
- Dream Weaver: Has lucid dreamed in the past; in fact, used to do so on a regular basis.
- Embarrassing Last Name: Not going to say it here due to privacy, but it sounds a wimpy species of animal, and thus resulted in teasing and unwanted derisive nicknames.
- Embarrassing Nickname: For a while, her coworkers called her "Crash" - after she rolled her car and showed up to work the very next day with only a scratch on her finger.
- Fangirl: Mostly of Warrior Cats and The Elder Scrolls.
- Fiery Red Head
- Flashback Nightmare: Very rarely has Bad Dreams - most bad dreams turn lucid and are easily fixed so they don't count - but car accident dreams do crop up every now and then.
- Fleeting Passionate Hobbies: Not so much do-it-for-a-short-time and never-think-about-it-again, but more do-it-for-a-short-time and forget about it for a couple months, then get into it again for a while. These hobbies include genealogy, painting, and doing puzzles.
- Forum Pecking Order: Moderator on two forums, Old Guard on the official forum of the Warrior Cats series. Either a Regular or Off-The-Radar on the others she's on.
- Gamer Chick
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Once tried writing a book (and got rather far) about dragons, with the main character named Celestia. Then My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic comes out...
- I Just Like Saying The Word: The most fun word to say is ointment.
- I Know Karate: Green belt in Budokai karate.
- Important Haircut: Spent most of high school wearing hair halfway down her back. Got her hair cut to above shoulder length at the start of college to reflect the new beginning.
- I Need a Freaking Drink: Has been known to do this.
- Inept Aptitude Test: Once took one that declared that her ideal job would be a plumber, which was amusing as it is not something she ever has desired.
- In-Vehicle Invulnerability: Apparently the reason she made it out completely uninjured after flipping the (airbag-lacking) car onto its roof and hitting a tree. See Embarrassing Nickname above.
- Just One More Level
- The Klutz: Has been known to trip twice up one flight of stairs.
- Knight Templar: Can be at times.
- Message Board: Loves these.
- My Life Flashed Before My Eyes: Did not happen when she lost control of the car and realized that she might be dead in seconds, and she is not sure why movies often show it in fast situations like that. There simply isn't enough time.
- Never Gets Drunk: Can hold her liquor pretty well.
- Nice Girl
- Ninja Editor and occasional Serial Tweaker
- NOT A Morning Person
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Does online on occasion, or in real life when someone's messing with her.
- One of the Kids: In real life at times. Has worked with kids a lot between babysitting, volunteer work, and a part-time job with elementary-age religious ed classes. This can and has resulted in her running around and playing tag for hours.
- Pastimes Prove Personality: Karate, reading, music (flute, piano, listening to music [especially country or epic instrumental music]), computer games.
- Performance Anxiety: Comes with being a shy, introverted person.
- Polka Dork: And proud of it. She's 3/4 Polish and grew up in a heavily Polish-influenced area, so she grew up with it never having it considered "dorky". Her favorite polka is "Holiday in Poland" (the Clarinet Polka, which appears in the second half of that video, is also decent.)
- Precision F-Strike: Doesn't swear often, so when she does, the situation really merits it.
- Proud to Be a Geek
- The Quiet One: In real life, at least. Not necessarily so online.
- Redhead In Green: Truth in Television - as the trope page says, red and green are complementary colors.
- Redheads Are Uncool: Basically the story of her grade school years.
- Roundhouse Kick: A karate move she likes.
- Sweet Tooth
- Technicolor Eyes: Has central heterochromia; the irises are gray-green with a brown/amber ring around the pupil.
- The Tetris Effect: Has this happen a lot when playing games or reading books.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak
- Trademark Favorite Food: Watermelon.
- Undying Loyalty: A trait she is proud of.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist
- Wisconsin Nice
Songs On My Mind
Books/Manga I'm Currently Reading
Games I'm Currently Playing
What I'm Currently Watching