Welcome to my troper page. I'm a Fiery Red Head
software engineer that likes to obsess over whatever I'm reading/playing/etc. For the last two years or so it's been The Elder Scrolls
; I've become a contributor and forum admin on one of the oldest fan-wikis for the series. My username is one I'd used on several Warrior Cats
fansites; like most usernames on those sites, it follows the characters' naming scheme from the books.
Pages I have contributed significantly to:
This troper provides examples of:
- 100% Completion: Preferred way to game.
- Adjusting Your Glasses: Type 2 usually; occasionally type 3.
- American Accents: Upper Midwest accent.
- Big Eater
- Blind Without 'Em: Set to get laser eye surgery in 2015, though.
- Born Lucky: I tend to win a lot of raffles and drawings, even when entering with only one ticket.
- Brick Break: Injured my hand the first time I tried breaking a board in karate.
- Brilliant but Lazy: Ridiculous Procrastinator
- Country Mouse
- Creature of Habit
- Dreadful Musician: Good at instruments, but not the best singer.
- Dream Weaver: I've lucid dreamed in the past; in fact, used to do so on a regular basis.
- Embarrassing Last Name: Not going to say it here due to privacy, but it sounds a wimpy species of animal, and thus resulted in teasing and unwanted derisive nicknames.
- Embarrassing Nickname: For a while, my coworkers called me "Crash" - after rolling the car and showing up to work the very next day with only a scratch on my finger.
- Fangirl: Mostly of Warrior Cats and The Elder Scrolls. Especially The Elder Scrolls.
- Fiery Red Head
- Flashback Nightmare: Very rarely has Bad Dreams - most bad dreams turn lucid and are easily fixed so they don't count - but car accident dreams do crop up every now and then.
- Fleeting Passionate Hobbies: Not so much do-it-for-a-short-time and never-think-about-it-again, but more do-it-for-a-short-time and forget about it for a couple months, then get into it again for a while. These hobbies include genealogy, painting, and doing puzzles.
- Forum Pecking Order: Moderator on two forums, Old Guard on the official forum of the Warrior Cats series. Either a Regular or Off-The-Radar on the others I'm on.
- Gamer Chick
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Back in early high school I tried writing a book (and got about 50 pages into it) about dragons, with the main character named Celestia. Then several years later, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic comes out...
- I Just Like Saying The Word: The most fun word to say is ointment.
- I Know Karate: Green belt in Budokai karate.
- Important Haircut: Spent most of high school with long hair that reached my chest, and got it cut to a couple inches above shoulder length at the start of college to reflect the new beginning. Growing it out again now (out of college) though. It's more "me".
- I Need a Freaking Drink: I've been known to do this.
- Inept Aptitude Test: Once took one that declared that my ideal job would be a plumber, which was amusing as it is not something I have ever desired.
- In-Vehicle Invulnerability: Possibly the reason I made it out completely uninjured after flipping the (airbag-lacking) car onto its roof and hitting a tree. See Embarrassing Nickname above.
- Just One More Level
- The Klutz: I've been known to trip twice up one flight of stairs.
- Knight Templar: Can be at times.
- Lawful Good: Most accurately describes my alignment (the Finding the Balance variety).
- Message Board: I love these.
- Ms. Imagination: I tend to daydream a lot.
- My Life Flashed Before My Eyes: Did not happen when I lost control of the car and realized that I might be dead in seconds, and I don't get why movies often show it in fast situations like that. There simply isn't enough time.
- Never Gets Drunk: Can hold my liquor pretty well.
- Nice Girl
- Ninja Editor and occasional Serial Tweaker
- NOT A Morning Person
- Obfuscating Stupidity: I do this online on occasion, or in real life when someone's messing with me.
- OOC Is Serious Business
- One of the Kids: This has been me at times - in high school and college I babysat, did volunteer work, and had a part-time job with religious ed classes. This occasionally resulted in me running around and playing tag for hours.
- Pastimes Prove Personality: Karate, reading, music (flute, piano, listening to music [especially country or epic instrumental music]), and lots and lots of video games.
- Performance Anxiety: Comes with being a shy, introverted person.
- Polka Dork: And proud of it. My ancestry is 3/4 Polish and I'm from a heavily Polish-influenced area, so growing up, it was never considered "dorky" - people would request it at high school prom. My favorite polka is "Holiday in Poland" (the Clarinet Polka, which appears in the second half of that video, is also decent.)
- Precision F-Strike: I don't swear often, so when I do, the situation really merits it.
- Proud to Be a Geek
- The Quiet One: In real life, at least. Not necessarily so online.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: I try to be this on sites I moderate.
- Redhead In Green: Truth in Television - as the trope page says, red and green are complementary colors.
- Redheads Are Uncool: Basically the story of my grade school years.
- Roundhouse Kick: A karate move I like.
- Sleepyhead: Caffeine Failure occasionally occurs.
- Sweet Tooth
- Technicolor Eyes: I think I have something like central heterochromia; the irises are gray-green with a brown/amber ring around the pupil.
- The Tetris Effect: Happens a lot when playing games or reading books.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: Karate, video gaming, and programming are usually considered to be more masculine interests, and indeed, the programming field is very heavily male-dominated. I still love jewelry and dressing up for special occasions, cooking, and keeping things neat and pretty.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Watermelon.
- Undying Loyalty: A trait I am proud of.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist
- Wisconsin Nice
Songs On My Mind
Books/Manga I'm Currently Reading
Games I'm Currently Playing
What I'm Currently Watching