Trivia: The Tudors
- Dawson Casting: The actor playing the Earl of Surrey is only six years younger than the actor who played the Duke of Norfolk, his supposed father.
- Fake Brit: Princess/Lady Mary (Sarah Bolger), Thomas Boleyn (Nick Dunning), George Boleyn (Pádraic Delaney), Lady Rochfod (Joanne King) and Bishop Fisher (Bosco Hogan) are all played by southern Irish actors. The Duke of Norfolk (Henry Czerny), Thomas Culpepper (Torrance Coombs), Sir Francis Bryan (Alan van Sprang) and William Compton (Kristen Holden-Ried), among many others, are played by Canadians. Emma Hamilton (Anne Stanhope) is Australian. Wolsey is played by the New Zealander Sam Neill.
- Henry (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) doesn't count as he is northern Irish and therefore British.
- Fake Nationality: Katherine of Aragon (Maria Doyle Kennedy), Pope Paul III (Peter O'Toole) and Duke Philip of Bavaria (Colin O'Donoghue) are — guess what — played by Irish actors.
- Joss Stone is English and plays a German. And, to her credit, she plays the accent incredibly well.
- The Other Darrin: Anita Briem played Jane Seymour in season two; she was replaced in the role by Annabelle Wallis in season three.
- Star-Making Role: Subverted with Natalie Dormer and Henry Cavill. Although The Tudors got them a lot of buzz and rave reviews for their performances, most people will cite Game of Thrones and Man of Steel, respectively, as their true breakthroughs.