Trivia: Super Mario World
- Dueling Games: Everyone knows about the Mario-Sonic rivalry as the main front of the Nintendo-Sega Console Wars, but it was this game dueling with Sonic the Hedgehog that was the focus.
- Fan Nickname:
- raocow has called Charging Chuck and Yoshi "Football Charlie" and "Stupid Horse", respectively.
- GameFAQs' LUE board uses the very box image of the game as its god. They also call it LUEshi, instead of Yoshi. They even have their own mod, if you're wondering.
- Fans of the cartoon have called Luigi "Emo Luigi" because of him crying in "Gopher Bash".
- Screwed by the Network: NBC gave this treatment to the cartoon's entire run. Viewers relying on word-of-mouth rather than commercials just to catch a new episode was the first straw. Being produced on a smaller budget than The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3, and thus limiting the episodes to one segment in each Captain N episode, instead of two with 3, was the second straw. The last straw, however, came when NBC halted production of the series without any prior announcement, then canceling it and its fellow NBC cartoons altogether as part of NBC's take-down of their Saturday morning block and replacement by teen-oriented TNBC. Its time slot was then occupied by local news.
- Trope Namer: For The Yoshi (now known as Power-Up Mount).