Trivia: Sonic Unleashed
- Ascended Fanon: Sega adopted the Fan Nickname for Sonic's lycanthrope form.
- Fan Nickname:
- Genre-Killer: This game's reception was pretty much the final nail in the coffin for fully 3D Sonic games. Starting with Sonic Colors, the series would instead adopt a style more like this game's daytime half.
- Recycled Script: While not identical, the plot of Sonic Unleashed is very similar to that of Sonic Advance 3, which was released four years earlier.
- The Other Darrin: Surprisingly, in the Japanese version, the Werehog. Tomokazu Seki performs the role instead of Junichi Kanemaru.
- What Could Have Been:
- Early concept art for Sonic's transformed state was a Yeti◊
- Meta-example here; The Hedgehog Engine was originally intended to be licensed out to other developers. This never happened however, and it appears to have been completely internalised as of the release of Generations.