- Actor Allusion: "It's good to be the king!"
- Fake Brit: Averted, because unlike some other Robin Hoods, this one can speak with an English accent.
- He Also Did: Co-writer J. David Shapiro later did the screenplay for Battlefield EARTH.
- Name's the Same:
Random voice: Heeeey Abboooooot!Abbot: I hate that guy!
- Production Posse: Dick Van Patten and Dom De Luise return.
- Throw It In: The part where Ahchoo pumps up his sneakers during a fight came about because Dave Chappelle happened to be wearing the shoes on set along with his costume. At first, Mel Brooks pointed out that they were somewhat anachronistic, but decided to make a joke about it.
- Trope Namer:
- Vindicated by Cable: A lot like with Spaceballs, this movie found a bigger audience in home video.
- What Might Have Been: Hulk Hogan was offered the role of Little John.