- Acting for Two: Robert Picardo playing Jack!Cowboy and the Cowboy. When Jack!Cowboy comes out of the bathroom after his face is changed you'll see him walk off the left of the screen. A double then steps back in with their back to the camera as a freaked out Lydia climbs across the bed and goes into the bathroom finding the Cowboy still passed out in the bathtub. When he moved off screen and the double took over, he had to rush to change, putting put on a different wig and getting into the bathtub via a false wall. It's all one shot.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: The EMH is The Cowboy, Dr. Miles J. Bennell and R.J. Fletcher is Victor Scrimshaw, and Wez and Ransik is Mr. Igoe.
- Chuck Jones can be seen in line at the grocery store. Standing next to him is Rance Howard, Ron Howard's father.
- That's Muriel with the orange hair and the gun lighter!
- It's not the first time Dennis Quaid has played a hotshot pilot moving on into new technology.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Francine works at the supermarket with Jack.
- Retroactive Recognition: The Cowboy is played by Robert Picardo, of Star Trek: Voyager and Stargate SG-1 fame, well before he got either of those parts.
- Romance on the Set: Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan fell in love after meeting each other on the set of this film, and they married from 1991 to 2000.
- What Could Have Been: The original script was darker and less comedic. For instance, during the raid on Vectorscope, the robbers line the scientists up against the wall and shoot them instead of just using knockout gas. Mr. Igoe has lines and is revealed at the end to be an android built by Dr. Canker. Also, the climax was different, involving a helicopter chase across the San Francisco bay.