- Awesome Music: Jerry Goldsmith's score is so sweet.
- "Cupid" and "Twistin' The Night Away" by Sam Cooke. Rod Stewart's cover of the latter song, which played over the end credits.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: The dancing scene to "Twistin' the Night Away" in Tuck's apartment is this, ignoring the seriousness to the situation (and giving the audience a break).
- Suspiciously Similar Song: The Cowboy's theme is suspiciously like an Ennio Morricone Spaghetti Western score.
- Unintentionally Sympathetic: The evil rivals developing miniaturization. The Big Bad actually monologues to Jack that miniaturization would revolutionize the world, making whoever developed it fantastically rich - one word: Nanomachines. And the government is only developing it to fit schmutzes like Jack with sensory-jacking surveillance equipment.
- Considering that the guy saying this hangs out with arms dealers, dictators, and murderers, believing him about any good intentions he might have seems foolhardy at best.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: The FX still holds up today, especially the heart valve scene. The film actually won an Academy Award for Special Effects, and has been the only film from Dante's filmography to win an Oscar.