Trivia: GeGeGe no Kitaro
- Dawson Casting: The most recent live-action movie went out of its way to simulate the look of the 1980s anime version, except that Kitaro and Neko-Musume were played by adults. This was "justified" in-story as them having hit puberty without the older yōkai having noticed, but the actors were still clearly older than the age their characters were.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: The live action movie has Cobra Kaijin, Rijie, Gan Xing and Taka.
- Name's the Same: Partially averted. Well-known New Age musician Kitaro took that stage name in honor of this manga, but written with different kanji.
- No Export for You: Almost none of the manga has been translated into English. This is beginning to change; partly thanks to scanlations, and partly because in the summer of 2013 an official English translation was finally released by Drawn & Quarterly, though it's only one volume of carefully selected stories.
- Weirdly, the sake brand of it can be easier to find than the original manga in the United States; it tends to show up in places with a larger East Asian alcohol selection.