Tropers Online: 5,007
[ Login for more options ]
The Other Darrin: Advertising
- + Create New
- The GEICO gecko was voiced by Kelsey Grammer in his first ad, then Dave Kelly, and finally Jake Wood.
- Speedy from the Alka Seltzer commercials was originally voiced by veterin voice actor, Dick Beals. When he was revived decades later, he has since been voiced by Debi Derryberry.
- The baby in the E-Trade commercials has changed several times over the years for obvious reasons.
- Altel's commercials featuring a group of nerds working for different cell-phone companies changed the actor playing the Sprint guy, notable because he later donned a previously absent afro.
- Chicago area car dealership O'Conner Ford went through several spokewomen, all of whom were (allegedly) his daughter Katie.
- Another Chicago auto dealer, Howard Pontiac, went through two spokesmothers.
- The M&Ms' voices have changed a couple times. The red M&M was originally voiced by Jon Lovitz, but has since been voiced by Billy West. The yellow M&M was voiced by John Goodman for years, but is now voiced by J. K. Simmons.
- Tony the Tiger has been voiced by Thurl Ravencroft, Dallas McKinnon, Lee Marshall, and in Canada, Tony Daniels.
- Lucky the Leprechan for the Lucky Charms commercials was voiced by Arthur Anderson back in the day, but is now voiced by Doug Preis.
- The Aflac duck was voiced by Gilbert Gottfried, although after he got fired making insensitive comments about the Japanese tsunami, he was replaced by Dan McKeague.