Tropers Online: 4,320
[ Login for more options ]
Shout Out: Advertising
- + Create New
- In the New York area, there's a store called B&H, whose advertisements involve a guy named Dave and a robot named Hal.
- There's a Honda advertisement that uses the opening to the Waldstein Sonata by Beethoven.
- Some advertising for Sonic Heroes referenced The A-Team quite heavily, such as a magazine ad◊ aping the famous opening narration or the (now-defunct) website using a slightly changed snippet of the theme.
- Trojan Condoms: In The Iliad the Greek army gets into a giant horse, which gets through the enemy's defenses. Men inside a horse, inside the enemy's walls. Pure Faux Symbolism. And then, after penetrating the enemy fortress, the horse bursts open and all the soldiers inside start rampaging everywhere.
- Advertising billboards for a flatrate internet package included Doom HUD as seen here◊ and here.
- A Filipino snack ad best described, as one comment put it, as "SACRILEGE TO LUCKY STAR." In terms of character designs, Sailor Moon wasn't spared either.