Tabletop Game: Reality Storm
Reality Storm: When Worlds Collide is a Superhero Crisis Crossover, unusual in that instead of involving comic book companies it crossed over two Tabletop RPG games: Silver Age Sentinels and Champions.Produced in 2004, the game sourcebook includes both a playable adventure as well as a section with rules for converting characters from one game system to the other.The adventure involves two Anthropomorphic Personifications: Entropus, the Guardian of the Multiverse, and The Trickster, the embodiment of Chaos. (Note: both are Champions characters.) The latter manages to trick the former into leaving his base of operations, the Crystal Palace, and then lures the greatest villains of two Earths- SAS' Kreutzritter and Champions' Doctor Destroyer- into it. The villains agree to work together (temporarily) to use the place in order to cause a "reality storm" that threatens both worlds, and demand their total surrender. In addition they banish The Champions and the Guard beyond the timestream, leaving it to the players' characters to rescue the heroes, defeat the villains and save the worlds.
Tropes in Reality Storm include:
- Back-to-Back Badasses: The Guard and The Champions pair off to face the monsters beyond time.
- Badass in Distress: For once, the greatest heroes of two worlds need to be rescued themselves.
- Captain Ersatz: Both Kreutzritter and Destroyer are based on Doctor Doom.
- Crystal Spires and Togas: The Crystal Palace, with clockwork elements added (no togas though.)
- Disaster Dominoes: The Reality Storm causes natural disasters that increase in potency to the point where the two worlds will collide.
- The Drifter: Champions' Captain Chronos and SAS' Drifter, two travelers who end up caught in the events and helping out.
- Lawful Stupid: Entropus, who gets tricked because he can never break the rules that govern him.
- The Multiverse: One that involves both Earth-Empire City (setting of SAS) and Earth-Millennium City (setting of Champions.)
- No Honor Among Thieves: Of course Destroyer and Kreutzritter plan to betray each other when most convenient.
- Phantom Zone: The null-zone where the heroes are banished. It contains survivors of parallel universes that no longer exist.
- Rules Conversions: A whole chapter dedicated to this. It provides conversions for all the major characters as well.
- Supervillain Lair: The Crystal Palace, temporarily.
- Team-Up Series: The sourcebook follows all the tropes of an actual crossover, including having each chapter begin with a comic book mini-series cover!
- The Trickster: The very literal embodiment of trickery. He appears in multiple forms.