A less known Tabletop RPG
published in Italy in 1992. It is a modern-day/sci-fi action RPG which was heavily and explicitly inspired by then-famous manga and anime such as Ghost in the Shell
, and features heroic teenagers fighting extra-dimensional demons.
Internal rivalry killed any following publication.
This Tabletop Game provides examples of:
- An Adventurer Is You: The game gives free choice of skills, and a random background specialization (often not random if the Director is friendly). Most of these are aimed either to inflict lot of damage in a short time, or to research clues and resources. The game lacks a true Tank as mostly you either can suck lot of damage or you die first round.
- Black Mage: Almost every player character that knows magic at creation will use an offensive spell (Air, Water, Earth or Fire). Learning more elements later is helpful because of Elemental Rock-Paper-Scissors being in effect. The fifth option is Life that, while loved by the team, is serious crap for the character himself. ALL demons that know magic will spam elemental attacks like rain at a funeral.
- Elemental Rock-Paper-Scissors: When it comes to demons with of elemental nature, Fire beats Water and Air beats Earth, but the opposite is also true.
- Glass Cannon: True for experienced characters that use magic, as an high level offensive spell can reduce a tank to ashes in a matter of seconds, but prevents the caster to wear any powered armor (99% of the non-powered armor are just paper-mache). Averted for unexperienced humans caster, that while being "Glass", lacks heavily the "Cannon" qualification. More "Glass Pistols".
- Squishy Wizard: All human casters are this, as powered armor prevents casting, and not powered armor are just a little more than a sweater in a gunfire. Demon casters have stats that doubles as a powered armor, so avoid the trope.
- Tokyo Is the Center of the Universe: Kyoto, actually.
- White Mage: A very rare character choice, at least at startup. Healing is very limited in efficiency (the caster must choice ONE stat that he knows how to heal, over 15 possible), and every heal reduced temporanely the caster Magic stat by one... on a max value of 3 (for humans). Worth to mention that starting as a White Mage means no offensive magic until you learn some?