It's a Big Big World is an American children's television show on PBS Kids, that debuted January 2, 2006. It was originally part of Miss Lori and Hooper's schedule block, but it was replaced in that block on September 3, 2007, though ran for a few years that followed. It's a Big Big World was retired in the spring of 2010. It was by the creator of Bear in the Big Blue House and featured some similar ideas and themes.
This series provides examples of:
- Animal Stereotypes: Played with—Snook has the sleepy, slow-moving demeanor typical of a sloth, but is depicted as an easygoing Nice Guy rather than a Lazy Bum.
- Cool Old Lady: Madge.
- Edutainment Show
- Non-Mammalian Hair: Madge.
- Recap Episode: The show had an unfortunate tendency to recycle a lot of material.
- Seldom-Seen Species: Bob and Birdette.
- Shown Their Work: Birdette the Quetzal Bird lacks the long train of feathers her species is famous for. This is because she is female and those feathers are only found on male quetzals.
- Team Dad: Snook is this to all the residents of the tree.
- Title Theme Tune
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Madge suddenly disappears from the show with no mention after the first season.