Series: Family Affair
Family Affair was a 1966-1971 Dom Com about three children (Buffy, Jody, and Cissy) who, having lost their parents, go to live with their uncle Bill Davis and his butler/manservant "Mister" French.Now mostly remembered for creator-producer Don Fedderson - and Fedderson's boss, network CBS - insisting that the character of Buffy never reach puberty, even as her actress Anissa Jones progressed from crayons to a bustline.A revival of the series starring Gary Cole and Tim Curry aired on The WB during the 2002 season.
This series provides examples of:
- Companion Cube: Mrs Beasley.
- Dom Com
- Ill Girl: Eve Plumb of future Brady Bunch fame plays one in the episode "Christmas Came a Little Early".
- Not Allowed to Grow Up: The whole sordid story is on the trope's analysis page.
- Panty Shot: Buffy in a couple of episodes.
- Shout-Out: In the pilot of Bosom Buddies after Peter Scolari names Tom Hanks' character's alter ego 'Buffy', Hanks references "Jody and Mr French".
- Suppressed Mammaries: Anissa Jones as Buffy.
- Written-In Infirmity: Buffy's broken leg.