Roleplay: Viridian Dreams Quests
"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?"Viridian Dreams
is the website of Viridian/ S'Tarkan, author of Team 8
and Harry Potter And The Nightmares Of Futures Past
, and long story short, his forum is full of writers, or at the very least people with too much time on their hands. One of these good/bored writers started Ninja Quest, a play by post game, and the forum hasn't looked back. There are a number of quite good, currently running quests (Play-by-Post Games
with collectively controlled protagonists), several dropped quests and Let's Plays and a complete Let's Play.
There be spoilers.
- Assassin Quest: Increasingly alcoholic Felix is an assassin, he does assassinly things. Like killing and power levelling and putting on a play of The Princess Bride.
- Digimon Quest: A young, black Australian Genki Girl named Cassie and her floating Metal Gear-, Hagurumon take on the Digital World with their fellow Digi Destined, using their wits, mad boxing skills, and knowledge of Pokemon to survive.
- Familiar Quest: Conceptually based on Familiar of Zero with main character from Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. Ryoko Asakura is summoned as a familiar. She takes it badly. It's OK though, she's only stabbed one person so far and he really deserved it. We think.
- Ghostbusters: Japan Quest Join our newest team member of the Ghostbusters (Japan branch, obviously) as she takes on ghosts, ghouls, assorted beasties, and...Hell Girl?! Oh dear...
- High School AU Crossover Quest: "I'd like to think Leto was a slacker musician in another life." Crack discussion between the author of NQ and uq somehow turns into a four-author (NQ, FQ, VQ, uq) Megacrossover. Stars Kaspar, who is not cowardly so much as sane, being a Muggle until recently and now attending school with the lovely characters from the other quests.
- Hollow Quest: "Hunger and fear are the only realities in dog life: an empty stomach makes a fierce dog." - Robert Falcon Scott
- Let's Play: Fire Emblem: the Sacred Stones: Eirika is going into enemy territory to look for her brother Ephraim. Yes, this is pretty stupid, but it's a Fire Emblem game. Newly started.
- Necromancy Quest: Leto is a the new Abhorsen (Lawful Good Necromancer) and makes very lazy, uncharacteristically cheerful necromancer. Together with his head pet zombie octopus and immortal step-grandmother they attempt to rewrite reality, not die (in his case), die (in hers) and not be turned into a gibbering, tortured wreck by the necromancers and nasties out to get him. Set in the Old Kingdom 240 years after the events of Abhorsen (no canon knowledge required).
- Pilgrim Quest: Pilgrim Tobias goes to check on the seal binding back an ancient evil, only to find that a wizard already broke it. And now he must set off on a journey to prevent the destruction of all he knows. Pray he's successful.
- Pokemon Quest: The forumites of Viridian Dreams finally embark on a Quest to be the best, by guiding the actions of a cheerful, caffeine addled farmboy and his pyrokinetic echidna through the start of their very own Pokemon journey. What could possibly go wrong?
- ~*~Pony Quest~*~: This is based off of the amazing show, My Little Ponies: Friendship is Magic, in which a young Cloudcuckoolander earth pony goes on an adventure to find her cutie mark.
- Power Ranger Quest Just started, Sean has been chosen to be the newest black ranger.
- Puella Magi Quest: Florence is a magical heal tank and the world is shaped by the wishes of tweenage girls. This can only end well.
- Quest Primer: A beginner's guide to Questing on Viridian Dreams.
- Quest Thread: Basically a place to compile non-canon/fun/fan work based on the Quests.
- "Super" Quest: Mia's just your average, teenage girl from Manly, Iowa... sans being a Meta-Human, that is.
- TARDIS Quest: A Quest that takes place in another dimension parallel to the original Doctor Who television series' universe, with 'The Janitor' as our lead Time Lord.
- Vampire Quest *No Sparkles allowed.* Lucy Abbott is dragged into a Crapsack World, beaten to death, drained of blood and a few hours later awakes to find she's a vampire. It gets worse. Hey, at least she's better off than most people around her. Also stars the thousand times cloned Irish emperor of more than a continent and his one eyed, 8 foot tall, armoured, snarky, doctor of a little brother - Lucy's first minion.
Titles in bold contain more than 10 pages of posts.
Provides Examples Of: