Redundancy: Web Comics
- This Life on Forbez strip reveals that the ruling alien race, the Omnis, are very redundant about the Stray Particle Detectors used to located stolen components of machinery they designed, which are inside said machinery. If the first is stolen, they use the second, and if that's stolen, they use the third, and so on. It's never revealed just how many there are, just that if one values one's sanity, they shouldn't ask.
- This page from The Adventures of Dr. McNinja.
- Penny Arcade tried to humorously make fun of how Dark the Shadowy parts of the Fel Dark are in Dungeons & Dragons here only to find out that the Shadow is really Shadowy with lots of Dark in the Fel Shadow and that the Dark in the funny humorous jokes they made about Dark really was part of officially authorized official canon about the Shadow Dark. (With the possible exception of Scarytown.)
- Then again, They've done this unironically and in a way that isn't supposed to mock or make fun of any game or anything else in particular that they can make fun of.
- Gunnerkrigg Court brings us creepy space aliens from outer space threatening the Earth from their moon base on the moon!
- 8-Bit Theater has the "A wizard did it" comic.
Red Mage: You're just some crazy homeless crazy bum in a cave!
Fighter: And he's crazy, too!
- "'I like swords!', 'Welcome to Corneria!', 'I like swords!', 'Welcome to Corneria!', 'I like swords!'"
- "We will call this 'Hell Week', because I'll be in Alabama. And Alabama is hell."
- "Human Earth man from the earth! You will be the one who is killed!!!!!11 My blasting eye blasters will blast you!"
- "And then suddenly, and without any warning either..."
- The Journal Comic Planet Karen once commented on the word "Pleonasm".
- xkcd brings us the Tautology Club. It's a club that exists for tautologies that was created to be about tautologies.
- In The Meek:
Pinter: You can start by putting on a shirt like a god-damned normal, modest, respectable, civilized, sane, normal person!
Angora: You said "normal" twice!
- Irregular Webcomic! subverted this. Paris has a gun that shoots ionized plasma. When pointed out that plasma is by definition ionized and therefore that statement is redundant, Paris tells her crew mate that it's not that kind of plasma.
- Captain Obvious in The Way of the Metagamer usually repeats at least one fact from his long, long speeches, and often just says the whole thing twice.
- Gai Gin on novelty taiyaki: "It's cakes! Shaped like penises! Man penises!" Then again, Japan is known for the production of Futanari fiction ...
- Final Fantasy Sonic had Dr. Eggman talking this way whenever he appeared.
Eggman: Aha! I am free! And I have gotten unstuck!
Sonic: GO AWAY!
Eggman: You will be squashed! And I will smoosh you! And you will be dead!!
Sonic: SHUT UP!!!
- If your IMAGINATION was a face, you would punch it. In the face.
It just takes no creativity or guile for these villain types to grab a little power through such outlandish transformations. No imagination at all. You are utterly astounded by how shitty their imagination is. If their imagination was a face you would shoot it.In the face.
- Sequential Art has this:
Ozbasic: Prepare for deadly laser death time..... WITH LASERS!
- According to the Girl Genius wiki, Transylvania Polygnostic University actually has one of these.
"With a baby?!"
"... That's the way it usually works."
- Questionable Content:
- Cloud from Sandra and Woo threatens to carry out a special attack that causes surprisingly painful pain.
- In Allen The Alien, there is a sign saying "ER Room".
Allen (who is being rolled into the room): THAT'S REDUNDANT!!!
- In El Goonish Shive, Grace lists the benefits of having a spell that makes a temporary semi-autonomous puppet clone of oneself: "You could always get hugs, have a second player for video games, get hugs, have help with chores, get hugs..."
- From a game show in Mountain Time: "It looks like our judge who is a fly who is a judge is off to become a holy roller."