Recap / Wander Over Yonder S 1 E 3 The Good Deed The Prisoner
The Good Deed
Wander and Sylvia have an "off day" in which every good deed they attempt to do also causes an even bigger problem. When things get so bad Lord Hater attempts to destroy a solar system, Wander almost loses all faith in himself, until Sylvia restores it.
The Good Deed features examples of:The Prisoner
Commander Peepers scoffs at Lord Hater's idea that Wander is some kind of genius. He appears to be proven right when he captures Wander *by just inviting him aboard* while Sylvia sleeps. But then Wander runs playfully amok in the ship, almost driving Peepers mad. When the ship's self-destruct system is activated, Peepers is forced to admit to Hater that he was right before the villain would cancel the destruct sequence. Meanwhile, Wander is rescued off the ship by Sylvia.
The Prisoner features examples of:
- Aside Glance: By Wander when he sees a video of Hater working out.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Wander is distracted by Peepers' laser gunsight, chasing the dot as if he were a cat and seemingly oblivious to the fact that Peepers is trying to capture him.
- A Day in the Limelight: For Peepers.
- Eye Scream: Peepers gets accidentally teleported into space by Wander and his eye swells to an enormous size and becomes bloodshot. Considering that Peepers is mostly an eyeball to begin with, this can't be very comfortable for him.
- At the food court his eye gets hit with hot sauce, lemon, and pepper.
- Food Fight: Wander starts one in the food court on Lord Hater's ship.
- The Gadfly: When Peepers warns Wander not to press the Self-destruct remote, Wander gets this giddy smile and runs off with the remote.
- Homage: The whole episode is basically a giant call-back to the classic chase cartoons like Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote and Tom and Jerry, especially with Peepers' frustrated insistence that Wander can't possibly be smart enough to keep eluding him.
- Humiliation Conga: Peepers goes through a whole episode of this.
- Magic Countdown: The 30-second self destruct actually took over a minute.
- Noodle Incident: While explaining to Peepers that Wander is a crafty genius, Lord Hater recounts three past plans of his: one involving a power crystal that Wander just snatches off his hands and accidentally breaks not five seconds later, one involving a power ring that Wander somehow makes Lord Hater drop in a sea of identical-looking rings, and finally an attempt involving a fiery sword of power that Wander, ever the helpful if ditzy guy, extinguishises with a convenient bucket of water.
- Off-Model: When Sylvia punches Peepers, look closely and you can see Wander disappear from the prison cell.
- Orbital Shot: Wander gets one after he enters Hater's ship for the first time.
- The Password Is Always "Swordfish": The password for Lord Hater's self-destruct system is "Lord Hater #1 super star".
- Self-Destruct Mechanism: Wander activates the self-destruct in Lord Hater's ship. Hater waits for Peepers to apologize before deactivating it at literally the last second.
- Shout-Out: Lord Hater's bedroom has a series of five doors that open up one after the other- similar to the door sequences on Mystery Science Theater 3000.
- Villain Episode: The first episode centered on the Lord Hater plot instead of the Wander plot.