Recap: Wander Over Yonder S 1 E 3 The Good Deed The Prisoner
The Good DeedWander and Sylvia have an "off day" in which every good deed they attempt to do also causes an even bigger problem. When things get so bad Lord Hater attempts to destroy a solar system, Wander almost loses all faith in himself, until Sylvia restores it.
The Good Deed features examples of:
- Heroic BSOD: Wander suffers one.
- I Resemble That Remark: Lord Hater screams that he's not emotionally unstable just before flipping the psychic's table over and vowing revenge on the sun because he was upset over his reading.
- Mood Motif:
- The Kazoo of Success: Every time Wander does a good deed that turns out well (immediately before finding out that it made things worse somehow)...right up until Wander loses hope after all the failures. The episode's last one is for Sylvia's success in talking Wander out of giving up.
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: For once in this otherwise exceedingly idealistic show.
The Prisoner features examples of:
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Wander is distracted by Peepers' laser gunsight, chasing the dot as if he were a cat and seemingly oblivious to the fact that Peepers is trying to capture him.
- Eye Scream: Peepers gets accidentally teleported into space by Wander and his eye swells to an enormous size and becomes bloodshot. Considering that Peepers is mostly an eyeball to begin with, this can't be very comfortable for him.
- Homage: The whole episode is basically a giant call-back to the classic chase cartoons like Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote and Tom and Jerry, especially with Peepers' frustrated insistence that Wander can't possibly be smart enough to keep eluding him.
- Humiliation Conga: Peepers goes through a whole episode of this.
- The Password Is Always Swordfish: The password for Lord Hater's self-destruct system is "Lord Hater #1 super star".
- Self-Destruct Mechanism: Wander activates the self-destruct in Lord Hater's ship. Hater waits for Peepers to apologize before deactivating it at literally the last second.