Recap: Wander Over Yonder S 1 E 2 The Picnic The Fugitives
Hater, in a worse mood than usual.
Lord Hater wants to take over the universe via a wish granted from a cosmic being, but Wander merrily arrives and declares that he's going to have a picnic in the exact same spot Hater is planning to conquer. Oh, and Emperor Awesome is also there to grab the wish, and he's brought his Fist Fighters with him. Lord Hater is having a bad day...
Tropes appearing in "The Picnic":
- Demoted to Extra: Sylvia spends most of the episode in the bathroom, emerging only at the very end.
- Force Field: Hater uses one to keep Awesome's forces out—only to find that Wander has inexplicably appeared inside it.
- Pass the Popcorn: Both literally (Wander enjoys some popcorn while he and Hater are in the force field together) and figuratively (Wander has his picnic while watching Hater and Awesome's forces fight it out).
- Whole Plot Reference: A cosmic being of infinite power appears under certain conditions to grant people one wish. Sound familiar, Dragon Ball fans?
- Wilhelm Scream: One of Hater's Mooks does this.
Now you see them, now you don't: Sylvia and Wander have just skedaddled.
Wander and Sylvia have to get off a planet ruled by Hater, but Wander's Chronic Hero Syndrome
makes things a bit difficult.
Tropes appearing in "The Fugitives":