The PetWander and Sylvia find a derelict spaceship and go inside to look for any survivors. They are too late, as they have all been eaten by an acid-spewing monster! The two get separated, and while Sylvia tries to find a way to kill the thing, Wander thinks its adorable and tries to tame it!
The Pet features examples of:
- Big "NO!"/Big "WHY?!": By Sylvia when she sees what she thinks is Wander's remains but is a teddy bear cut up by the alien and put in a cocoon.
- Brief Accent Imitation: Sylvia speaks in Wander's southern accent when she tries to think of what Wander would say to her when she thinks he's dead.
- Curse Cut Short: "Let him go, you-"
- Dramatic Irony: Sylvia thinks Wander was killed by the alien, but the audience knows that was just the teddy bear Wander gave it. It is even the same color as Wander's fur.
- Fluffy the Terrible: The alien is given the name Captain Tim by Wander. It was the name of the ship's captain, whose dogtag Wander finds inside its gullet.
- Fluffy Tamer: Wander does manage to teach Captain Tim some tricks, but he's still too dangerous for him to keep as a pet. He's perfect for Lord Hater, though.
- Ghost Ship: The episode takes place aboard one, naturally containing a monster that wants to eat everything aboard.
- Jump Scare: At the very end of the closing credits.
- Lock and Load Montage: Sylvia goes through several.
- Magic Countdown: If one looks closely at the clock in a few scenes, it doesn't tick down by seconds, but by one and a half seconds.
- Mistaken for Dog: Wander comes face to face with a voracious, acid-spewing spider-like monster who has eaten the entire crew of a spaceship... and starts gushing about how cute he is and tries to train it and be his pet.
- Not What It Looks Like: Sylvia opens the wrapped up cocoon revealing the teddy bear's stuffing, and believes it's Wander.
- Self-Destruct Mechanism: After thinking Wander was eaten by the alien, Sylvia activates the ship's self-destruct to keep the alien from escaping. When she discovers that Wander is still alive, she has to return and get him out before the ship explodes.
- Shout-Out: The whole episode, to the Alien franchise.