- Domestic Abuse: Implied when Chett says he feels odd for hitting a woman he doesn't love.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: Lisa beating up Bart at the end of the episode.
- Frivolous Lawsuit: After Homer and Bart watch a fight, Homer tells Bart not to do it at home but at school where they can sue over eventual injuries.
- It's All About Me: One of Marge's lines states that if she hates something, no one is allowed to like it.
- I Surrender, Suckers: Chett used this strategy to trick Marge. It didn't work.
- Moral Guardians: Marge and the group protesting Mixed-martial arts. She even flat out says that "If something isn't to my taste then no one should be allowed to enjoy it"
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Marge's Moral Guardians insists become worse as the years go by, but here, she won't allow anyone to like what she hates.
- Would Hit a Girl: Chett had no trouble with the notion of hitting Marge. At least until he hit bart and she went Mama Bear on him. He even mentioned he'll fight anyone except a man his own size.