Recap: The Simpsons S 19 E 10 E Pluribus Wiggum
Ralph is chosen as the Presidential candidate for 2008 after the town tires of the media hype about the elections and the empty promises from other candidates.
- Attack of the Political Ad: The episode closes with a campaign ad for Ralph.Ralph: (sitting on the lap of the Lincoln Memorial) I want a tricycle, a dog who won't chew my Hot Wheels and a brighter future for America. I'm Ralph Wiggum and I've been a good boy.
- Banned in China: The episode didn't air in Argentina and other Latin American countries (except for Colombia, Mexico, Chile, and Venezuela) because of Lenny and Carl's conversation about Juan Peron making political dissidents "disappear" and mistaking Madonna for his wife, Evita.
- Call Back: Lisa mentioned she and Ralph once dated.
- Hand Wave: Lisa points out that Ralph isn't old enough to run for office, but Bart says the Patriot Act killed the Constitution.
- I Need to Go Iron My Dog: To force a man to stop a conversation with Mr. Burns (It Makes Sense in Context), Homer phoned the man claiming to have abducted the man's wife or, if the man doesn't have a wife, his brother. Then he said if the man obeyed all instructions his dog would be free.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Homer about his candidate of choice after hearing that candidate appeared in the same magazine a terrorist did.
- Mythology Gag: Homer smokes "Jerkass Homer Cigars." "Jerkass Homer" is Homer's callous, brash, rude, childish personality during the show's 9th to 12th seasons (and one of many reasons why The Simpsons' quality has fallen in the later years).
- Special Guest: Jon Stewart as himself.
- Springtime for Hitler: The Springfielders chose Ralph in a failed attempt to rid themselves of the media hype.
- The Chessmaster: Ralph Wiggum believe it or not. He intentionally tricks the Republicans and Democrats into working together to sponsor him for presidency, all the while acting like he knows nothing about whats going on.
- Where the Hell Is Springfield?: As the reporters are clearing out of New Hampshire to go cover Springfield's primary:Man: To Springfield!
Woman: Which Springfield?
Man: The one the Simpsons live in!