Recap / The Simpsons S 16 E 4 She Used To Be My Girl
Marge bumps into Chloe Talbot, an old high-school acquaintance (voiced by Kim Cattrall from Sex and the City
) who is now a successful news reporter. While Marge becomes jealous of her friend's success and wonders what may have been had she not stayed with Homer, Lisa becomes inspired by this new, strong woman.
- Comically Missing the Point: When Chloe and Homer are reintroduced, she brings up the fact that he threw up in her tuba back when they were high schoolers and he argues that the tuba belonged to the school.
- Convection Schmonvection: Marge, Lisa, Chloe and Barney all get within arm's reach of lava without batting an eyelid.
- Conveniently Timed Distraction: When Chloe tries to get Mayor Quimby to answer some questions about his multiple paternity suits filed against him, she gets distracted when she sees Marge again allowing Mayor Quimby to run back into his office to avoid answering her questions.
- When Tom Brokaw and Dan Rather are picking on Kent Brockman by teasingly dangling his microphone out of his reach, they get distracted when Chloe greets them giving Kent the opportunity to take back his microphone.
- Hot Scoop: Chloe is beauty and claims to have had "flings" with Bill Clinton and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- Intrepid Reporter: Also report on an erupting volcano not fear Chloe.
- Noodle Incident: Invoked by Homer who shows all guests his court ordered ankle bracelet also Homer Barthing in Chloe's tuba.
- Self-Made Woman: Chloe went to high school with Marge and the two were best friends. They were both star reporters and had promising futures, however Marge decided to stay with Homer, but Chloe abandoned her sweet-heart (Barney Gumble) for success. She would later return to Springfield as a successful reporter.
- Shout-Out: Having "no time to be picky", Lisa was desperately praying to Buddha, Jesus and SpongeBob.
- This Just In!: Kent Brockman was upset at the reporters who were teasingly dangling his microphone out of his reach.
- Too Dumb to Live: A chicken bone causes Homer to choke. A few minutes later, Homer chokes again from trying to eat that same bone.
- What Could Have Been...: In-Universe. Lisa wonders aloud how things would have turned out if Marge had followed her dreams as a reporter. Somehow, it would have led to never having "Miracle On Ice" during the 1980 Winter Olympics, which terrifies her but confuses her family.