- Creator Cameo: Matt Groening appears at the convention, in what essentially amounts to a two-minute promo for Futurama.
- Jerkass: Moe got Barney off the wagon so he could make more money off him.
- Literary Allusion Title: The title is an allusion to My Big Fat Greek Wedding.
- Nerds Speak Klingon: When Comic Book Guy tries to get married to Edna Krabappel it is conducted in Klingon; apparently the guests (sci-fi convention attendees) can all understand it.
- Comic Book Guy: Edna, the Klingons have a romantic saying. (speaks Klingon) Roughly translated it means I would kill the children of a thousand planets just to see you smile.
Edna: Oh, that is the most romantic thing I've ever heard. Which is kinda sad if you think about it.
- Oh Crap!: Groundskeeper Willie's reaction to seeing shredded red material coming out behind his tractor.Groundskeeper Willie: Oh my God! I've shredded a child! AGAIN!
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Willie's response to having potentially killed a child (albeit inadvertantly): head for the border.Groundskeeper Willie: Venezuela, here I come!