First Aired 1/14/90
Bart cheats on an intelligence test by swapping papers with class nerd Martin Prince, and soon finds himself transferred to an elementary school for genius kids, who tease him for not being a brain.
This episode contains examples of:
- Cant Tie His Tie: Homer teaches Bart how to put on a necktie by presenting his clip-on: "The hook goes over the top, and these things go in there!"
- Catch Phrase: Marks the first use of Bart's "Eat my shorts!"
- Imagine Spot: Bart has one while working on a math problem on an aptitude test.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: A calculus expression has the answer r^2dr, which the teacher uses come up with the phrase r dr r, which sounds like har de har har, which sounds a bit like laughter. The other kids think it's funny, though.
- Scrabble Babble: The former Trope Namer of "Kwyjibo".