Episode - 7G02
First Aired - 1/14/1990
Bart cheats on an intelligence test by swapping papers with class nerd Martin Prince, and soon finds himself transferred to an elementary school for genius kids, who don't see Bart as one of them.
This episode contains examples of:
- At the Opera Tonight: Marge takes the family out to see a production of Carmen in Russian.
- Can't Tie His Tie: Homer teaches Bart how to put on a necktie by presenting his clip-on: "The hook goes over the top, and these things go in there!"
- Catch Phrase: Marks the first use of Bart's "Eat my shorts!"
- Genre Savvy: Principal Skinner is suspicious of Bart's score and suggests a retest. However Dr Pryor rebuffs this and suggests moving him to another school, which Skinner finds even better.
- Imagine Spot: Bart has one while working on a math problem on the intelligence test.
- Incredibly Lame Pun and Genius Bonus: A calculus expression has the answer r^2dr, which the teacher uses come up with the phrase r-squared dr (or r-d-r-r), which sounds like har de har har, which sounds a bit like laughter. The other kids think it's funny, though.
- Nothing Personal: Martin insists he only told on Bart to fend off the desecration of the school building. After Bart tells him to stuff it, he tattles on him again.
- Scrabble Babble: The former Trope Namer of "Kwyjibo".
- The Stool Pigeon: Bart switched papers with Martin largely to get pay back for his constant snitching.
- Teacher's Pet: Martin
- What Could Have Been: The original script included a scene where Dr. Pryor talks to Martin's parents about his failing the IQ test and needing to go to a school for mentally retarded kids.