Fed up with going on family trips, Homer and Marge decide to ditch Uncle Tyrone's (Homer's brother) birthday party and have some fun on the run (with Flanders' credit card), but soon must contend with Bart and Lisa, who are pursuing Homer and Marge (with Rod Flander's credit card).
- Artistic Licence Law- How exactly can an 8 year old Rod Flanders get a credit card?
- More importantly, how did both Homer and Bart take the credit cards that belong to Ned and Rod?
- Continuity Nod: At Uncle Tyrone's birthday some of Homer's relatives at the party are the same ones from Lisa the Simpson (the collection of unsuccessful male relatives, not the few women who actually have successful careers).
- Kids Are Cruel: Bart and Lisa are determined to be with Homer and Marge as much as they can.
- Out of Character: Marge, normally a Mama Bear on her best days and My Beloved Smother on her worst, doesn't care about her kids this episode.
- Shout-Out: The title is a play on to the film title, Catch Me If You Can, there’s even musical montage and the scene that plays homage to the scene.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: What about Abe Simpson after his encounter with Raoul?